Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our first BIG first!!

After months and months of waiting and imagining Baby J going through all the firsts that babies go through, Chris and I got to experience the best one of all (because we experienced it!)...he took his first step!!!!!!!!!  We were in the kitchen and he was holding onto my hands, walking towards the patio door.  He seemed pretty steady on his feet, not leaning too far forward as he usually does, and I told Chris to get down in front of him.  I then let go of his hands and he. took. one. step. to Chris before sitting down!!!!  We were cheering and hugging him and he just laughed and laughed.  I tried to get him to do it again and he just thought it was hilarious how mommy was kneeling down in front of him, making him stand, and trying to get him to walk.  He just kept sitting or kneeling back down and laughing at me.  I am so glad that this happened on the weekend when Chris was home and got to view it firsthand, rather than me telling me about it.  And what a great weekend for it to have happened, too...Happy Father's Day to my hubby!  I know it was only one step and Baby J hasn't repeated it, but it's just a matter of time before that boy is running us ragged.

I. Can't. Wait.

5 comments:

Pix said...

That is so wonderful! I can just picture your family on the floor, cheering those little legs to make a move! Congrats!

Kristen said...

Congrats J!

Kala said...

That is so wonderful that you get a first!! Here's to many more!!

Jen said...

Oh how wonderful that you both got to join in on J's first step! So very special!! Go, J, Go!

IP Journey said...

That's so awesome! I'm glad you guys got to see that first!