Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Monday, June 14, 2010

J's Journal

So, today I'm 14 months old!!!  And do you know what we're doing to celebrate this first milestone that I'm home?  Cake?  Nope, no cake.  Party?  No, not that either.  Get a new fridge?  Yep, you guessed it!!  I know that's what you were all thinking we would be doing!!  We're going shopping this afternoon for a new refrigerator!  I woke omma (mommy) and daddy up early this morning to change me and give me a bottle (you know, so I could get out of my crib for a while!) and it's a good thing I did.  That's when omma found out the fridge was de-thawing.  Yikes!!  Daddy spent the next 45 minutes unpacking the freezer and part of the refrigerator while omma got me back to sleep.  I heard them say this was the second time in the last 3 months that this has happened and last time, the repairman said the next part to be replaced would cost as much as a new fridge.  :(  And since omma and daddy don't like this side-by-side one anyway, I guess we're getting a new one.  I bet if I'm really cute today (and, of course, I will be...have you SEEN my pictures?!), I'll still get some cake from somewhere!!!!!

As far as other things go, daddy and omma are getting pretty good about keeping me on a schedule.  I still only usually sleep for one hour in the early afternoon; otherwise I'm pretty much always on the go.  I'm pulling myself up on furniture and cruising along it, as well as standing on my own for a few seconds.  I walk while holding on to their hands, but they keep letting go and telling me to take some steps!  I don't know why though, I'm much faster on all four limbs!!  So I haven't done that yet.  I wonder if, when I do, daddy will do his silly dance for me?  Omma has promised not to videotape him doing it because he doesn't want it posted on here, but I just LOVE watching him do it!!!  I have had a few visitors recently and think I'm ready for some more, but I get overwhelmed easily, so don't overdo it please.  And call omma before you come so she doesn't have to wrestle the dogs and me at the same time!  She thanks you.  :)

I'll "talk" to you all later!  And sorry about no pictures, omma hasn't had time to get any ready.  Maybe she'll get on that in her free time...haha

2 comments:

Megan said...

Too cute! Happy 14 months!

Anonymous said...

Happy 14 months, J! I hope you like the new fridge! :)