Staring intently as they put the door back on the newly installed refrigerator. Yippee!!
Later that afternoon, I gave him a teething biscuit for the first time. I had given him others before, but he was just able to chew them up and eat them...not really what I would have called a teething biscuit. But this one, well, it was for real! And it was really messy! I'm glad I put him back in his chair with a bib because he sure did enjoy it:
He also decided to smear it all over the tray, kind of like fingerpainting. It was great to see him having such a good time.
Wednesday we had a play date with two other mamas and their children, both of whom I met through adoption. We ended up going to a zoo as it was finally a gorgeous day outside with no hint of rain. J could have cared less for the animals; he was so fixated on watching the other kids that we were with and others that were at the zoo that morning as well. We got to feed a baby goat:
He decided he didn't want his hat on and started taking it off; I just knew it was going straight on the ground, which of course the goats have been using for their bathroom, so I did what any good mama would -- grabbed it with my teeth and took it off myself...talk about multitasking!! ha!
Went for a train ride, which he seemed to enjoy. We also tried the carousel, but that did not go over very well at. all. The lady had to stop the ride for us to move around and sit in one of the seats on the carousel. I have already told Chris that he has to do all the "going in a circle" rides with J, as I started feeling nauseous just on that bitty carousel. What a wimp! But at least I'm honest. :)
Here's a picture of all the kids. A and T (at the back of the picture) are waiting for their brother, J, to come home from Korea. Hopefully very soon!! Keeping you all in our thoughts, G!! And N and H were having a blast seeing all the animals and running all their energy off...at least, I hope they did, B! Thank you both for such a great morning!!! J had a blast taking it all in. We'll have to get together again soon.
Oh yeah, there was also a playground there that the kids played on for a while. J couldn't get enough of going up and down two platforms and across a bridge; I had to pry him off it when we were leaving. He slept the whole way home and also slept through the entire night as well that night!! Really need more play dates!!!!!!!
Since it was such a nice day out, we had a couple people over to grill out that night. Before they came, Chris and I were putting out some snacks and when we turned back around, here was the sight we found:
...mini heart attack on mommy's part when I saw that!! But the boy wanted to get the remote control that was on the table and figured out a way to do it...what a smart child we have! Notice mommy is standing close after telling daddy to grab the camera for a picture. Had to capture just how smart he is.
and after. I know he looks kind of ticked off, but he was actually eating a goldfish. He did very well during his haircut and Miss Ashlee did a great job!! We love the trimmed 'do, Ash!! Thank you.
We picked daddy up from work after the haircut and guess who fell asleep in the car on the way home? So we brought him in to his pack-n-play; this kid sleeps with abandon! What a cutie.
I couldn't resist getting a picture of this cute little bum in jean diapers that Grandma Mary bought for him. Yeah, again, he may be embarrassed in a few years, but that's what I'm here for!!
Double rainbow over our neighbor's house earlier this week towards the end of a rain shower. I guess you can't really see the second rainbow to the left, but it was there, I promise.
I'll leave you with our little handsome dude. I. Love. Him.
















5 comments:
It was so fun hanging out with you! Maybe we'll have to do Sholem pool next week sometime! =) I love his haircut btw!
So much fun! The picture of you holding onto J's hat with your teeth is hilarious!! Very cute haircut - I wish J could teach P how to sit still for a haircut! :)
Looks like you had a busy yet fun week. I love the diapers and the multi-tasking mama!!!
What a fun week! Getting the hat with your teeth - that was quite a trick! :)
Isn't it so wonderful to do things w/your child, like going the to zoo,that you've been imagining doing once you became a mom? Looks like every busy toddler, J is keeping you on your toes, but that you are having a lot of fun doing it.
Post a Comment