Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Friday, June 25, 2010

One month home...

...WOW!!!  We cannot believe that we have been home for one month today with Baby J.  This evening, we have been trying to remember what exactly we did that evening/night we came home and it is all just one big blur.  After getting home from the airport, things just seem to run together and we don't remember much about it.  We do remember that we co-slept that first night (the ONLY night we did that, as J is such a squirmy sleeper!).  But what we had to eat (thanks, Mom, for shoving the food under our noses), taking showers (which I know we did, as the travel grime needed to be washed off), and when we actually went to bed will probably never return to our memories!  This past month seems to have flown by and Baby J is adjusting very well, as far as we can tell.  He is still the happy little boy we brought home, (almost) always full of smiles.  Believe me though, when he wants something he's not allowed to have, he can throw his head back and wail with the best of them!  Sometimes it makes me want to laugh, since it's mostly for show, as Chris has stated more than once.  Maybe if I do laugh at him, that would shock him out of his crying?!  Hmmmm, something to try next time...niiiiice, mommy!  :)

So we think the bonding/attaching is going pretty well.  I have been on playdates with a couple of friends and J always comes to me to be picked up.  Once he goes towards something that interests him, though, he does not look back to see if I'm still there, so we still have some work to do.  I know I am impatient for him to attach to us and I know things could be much worse at this point, so I keep reminding myself that this is going to take a lot of time, work, and trust.  He is not talking yet, but he babbles constantly throughout the day once I take the binky out; so stinkin' cute the way he talks to himself and then at times starts laughing.  Wish I could be let in on the joke.  One of these days...sigh!

Oh, and with how busy J has kept us going this past month, our 6th anniversary just snuck up on us!  Can't believe that 6 years ago tomorrow, I married my amazing husband.  What an anniversary this year is going to be!

Now for what you've all been wanting...more pictures of our beautiful baby boy!!

Daddy and J at one month home.  Say "Kimchi!"

Mommy and J at one month home.  His "I love you" forehead rub.

Chris' Father's Day gift.

bedhead, but still amazingly cute!!  Can't you just hear his saying, "Are you really going to take this picture now?!"

Caught 'em both sleeping one afternoon.  Getting to be a pattern!

Cardinals outfit and first taste of chocolate pudding...YUM!!

Climbing around on a play date.

On the new (used) playset we got through G&G T.  "I LOVE this wheel I can spin!!!"  Thank you!

Just a cute face.  (Notice the shirt, Uncle Nate?)

On his car, in the pool, on a hot day.  (Laura and Matt, he absolutely loves his car; thank you!!)

This is the scene some days during J's mealtimes.  Poor puppies!

"Look, I'm walking...well, kinda!"  He's getting steadier and steadier these days.

On another play date...more wheels to turn.  He's in heaven!!!  Spent at least 25 minutes on this one.  Yeah!  We're definitely going back there.  And it's indoors.  Bonus!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I can't believe he's been home a month already! He's doing so great!

the bedhead pic is my fav :)