Friday, April 02, 2010
6 months ago...
...we saw our son's face for the first time! We were so excited to have finally gotten "the call" that told us we would shortly be a family of three. And even though that "short" time has now stretched out to a much longer wait than anyone had anticipated, we are still waiting anxiously and with hearts full of love for our little guy to get home! We did request a physical update on Baby J a month ago since we have only had updated pictures and he's almost one year old, but so far we haven't heard anything from the agency about whether or not that request is going to be granted. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers!) Other families have received updated information along with their pictures, so it seems some Korean SWs add this info and some don't. It's frustrating and I wish they all had the same system of updating adoptive parents, but at least we've received pictures, for which we're very thankful. Maybe by writing this, we'll get something in the mail soon!! I am trying to stay positive now, as I know I won't be able to in less than two weeks when my little boy turns one. I'm ready to hold that precious boy in my arms and fulfill my dream of being a mom in person! Come on, Mr. Mailman...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I really hope you get that update soon, Rita! I think you are doing great staying positive. Hang in there - your day is coming!! :)
You're going to be a great mom, Rita. Your time may not be all that far off. Hold on a little longer -- that adorable son of yours is going to be worth the wait! :)
Post a Comment