Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Sunday, April 04, 2010

11 month pictures!!

Was I right, or what?!  As I said in my previous post, as soon as I wrote something on here, I felt we would then get some mail.  And look what we found in the mailbox yesterday...




He looks like he's getting so big!!!  We did not get an update on him, though.  :(  I'm going to try to find out some answers tomorrow from our agency's director.  Maybe since he's so close to his birthday, they are waiting for that milestone?  But I find it odd that, even though we requested the information, they did not send it this time.  I know someone who requested an update right before their child's 11-month check-up and they got an answer right away.  I know I shouldn't be thinking this, but part of me is wondering why they aren't giving us any information and I'm starting to worry a bit.  He's not "ours" until we get on the plane with him to come home.  I know I'm being paranoid, but I have that right as his mama!!  Don't get me wrong, we LOVE getting the pictures, but we also (understandably, I hope) want to know more about him, too.  *sigh*  Maybe next month.

(This really was supposed to be a happy post, but I'm sick and tired of not having gotten any written update on him since our referral 6 months ago while others seem to get them on a fairly regular basis.  I think the children's SWs should give out standardized information to all adoptive parents...but that's easy for me to say when I'm not the one doing the work!)

4 comments:

K&S said...

Wow is he adorable! I can't imagine how tough this part must be. I'm not looking forward to it at all. The only consolation is that they are worth the wait.

Megan said...

He is so adorable, I am glad you finally got some updated pictures and information. Hope he is home soon!

Kala said...

I just found your blog through another blogger. We are waiting for our son too. I understand your feeling on the update mama!!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Rita, he is just beautiful! I know how frustrating these final days of the wait are, but you're getting so close. Hang in there!
Can't wait to follow you to Korea!