While typing this post, I received word (and a picture!) that I have a new nephew!! My sister and baby are doing well...as is her husband, I suppose...they didn't say anything about him! This is son #2 for them. So, my parents now have 3 grandsons...what will Brenda deliver next month?!!?
We still have plenty left over if anyone wants to come continue the celebration with us!!
Last week, I went to an event where first-time mamas can buy gently used children's items (toys, clothes, strollers, cribs, books, etc) for their little ones. I got about 7-8 outfits, some large plastic connecting blocks, and a possible Halloween costume for Baby J. I also bought him his first, and probably only, horse!
Won't he look cute in this with some dark brown pants?! A friend of mine also got the cutest little pumpkin costume with orange and green striped leggings for her little boy...they're going to be the cutest boys out for candy, I assure you!!
This horse might be a little big for him now, but he'll definitely be able to grow into it.
Chris just finished another project on the back deck that has been waiting for a few months until it got warmer out. We had to replace the deck wall along one side and of course, the kind we wanted did not come in the exact length he needed, so he had to do some cutting and rebuilding (kind of like a puzzle). Well, it turned out amazing!!! You can't even tell that they weren't bought at the store like this. I've got such a handy guy for a husband. I forgot to get a before picture, but I took some during the project and at the end.
Measure twice, cut once...
...and it will turn out perfect!!!
Now to stain it all for the summer. :(
Okay, trying to figure out how to get our videos uploaded from the camera to the blog. I am trying with a short one first that Chris took of Lexi giving Jinx a bath the other day. This is common, especially after they come in when it's been raining outside. The picture isn't the best, but this is just a test run.
I had to revert to the old settings in my blogger to insert this, then reset it to the new ones, so I can't wait to see what it's done to all my other posts!! Holding my breath as I post this...








5 comments:
all cute things for baby J!
i like how Jinx is looking at the camera while Chris is filming - she's like, "what? there's nothing weird about this"
the wall looks great too!
Great job on the cake! How cute. I love the cute things - especially the monkey costume. Thinking of you as you wait for him to be able to use/wear/eat all of the wonderful things. :)
~Christy
www.threelittlemonkeysjumping.blogspot.com
The monkey costume is so cute! That video is hilarious!! I still can't figure out how to post video to my blog - I'll have to learn one of these days!
Love the loot you got at the baby sale! We have one of those around here, and I always get so overwhelmed by all the goodies. You did a fine job!
And mmm... cake.... If only I knew where you lived. (Not in a creepy stalker way - just an I-love-cake way)
Hi Rita - I just found your blog through another blog. Your son J is one of THE cutest babies I've ever seen, and I know you are just dying to have him home with you. I hope your EP comes very soon. We are waiting to bring our little guy home too. We are a Dec. 1 referral from Eastern and getting pretty darn sick of this wait. Hurry up EPs!!!
Post a Comment