Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

a birthday boy today

Dear son,

My heart hurts so badly today and my arms ache with emptiness.  Around others, I struggle to hold back the waterfall of tears that are inside me, but when I'm alone, there's no one there to see my tears fall.  Today you are turning one and your papa and I have never touched you, held you, or smelled your baby smell.  Why is this journey taking so long to bring us together as a forever family?  We have been waiting so long to be parents and it's awful not to know when you will be coming home to us.  I know we will have many birthdays with you, but that is in the future.  It's right now that we're thinking about...this birthday that we're missing.  We will celebrate by making you a cake and blowing out the candle ourselves; we're also going to go out for dinner and think about the days that we will be a family of three!  We long for the day we receive our travel call so that we can finally spend the rest of our days with you.  We miss you, baby boy, and long to hold you in our arms.  We love you and hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Love, Mama and Papa

11 comments:

IP Journey said...

Thinking and praying for you guys today. Hang in there Rita! Next month is going to be crazy for you guys! =)

Anonymous said...

Big, big hugs for you today Rita. I know today is a difficult one but amazing and wonderful days are just around the corner. Your day is coming very soon!

Lucky Mama said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry that you are hurting.

Dena said...

Sorry you're missing out on his first birthday. Lots of hugs. Hope you guys enjoy your evening, dreaming and planning for your family of three.

Kala said...

I can imagine what I'll be like for my son's first birthday in Korea. Big (((HUGS))) to you and your hubby. On the bright side your son gets to celebrate his birthday in his birth country with all the Tol celebrations. You will get wonderful pictures of that and then you can have one of your own!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby J!

Jessica J said...

I'm can't imagine what you're feeling but, I'm thinking of you. Your son is SO adorable.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Happy Birthday to your precious boy! Hugs, friend. He'll be home soon.

Elizabeth Frick said...

Beautiful letter to your son. I know what a tough day this must have been for you.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry baby J isn't home with you! That was a beautiful letter. I'm so glad you celebrated his birthday. Very soon you can celebrate with him. Hang in there!

Kristen said...

What a touching letter. Baby J will be home w/you soon and I pray that all the joys to come make the sadness of this missed moment together fade. Hugs!