Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Monday, May 04, 2009

Weekend days...

First of all, a huge congrats to my friends, Sue, and Blake, for receiving their travel call to go pick up their son!!!!! They will be home before long and they will finally be a family of three...or four, can't forget Sage, their dog! Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this huge transition in their lives. This also makes me long to be at this part in the process as well; I can just hope that these months pass quickly for us and smoothly for our paperwork so that we can finally be mama and papa.
Two weekends ago, we drove to Ohio for my big sister's engagement party. It was sooooo much fun getting the entire family together and celebrating Brenda and Nathan. They were both very surprised by a scrapbook we put together for them; the whole family did a page or two about them, their courtship, their engagement, etc. She did the same for both me and my little sister when we got married and what a treasure!! I have NO PICTURES of that weekend because guess who forgot her camera?!?! Yep, ME! I couldn't believe it when we got to Brenda's place and I just then realized I didn't have it with me. Aaagghhh!! So hopefully I get some sent to me that I can put on here.
Even though I was not at work that weekend, I got to put my nursing skills to work on my nephew; he ran into a table edge at the restaurant with his forehead and had a little gash in it. His mom, my little sister, I think wanted to cry along with him. Trying to put butterfly bandaids on his forehead really did not work; the way he wrinkles up his forehead (so cute) is a real detriment trying to keep that type of bandaid on. So we just slapped a regular 'ol bandaid on it..which worked. They said it looks like it's healing well now. Poor Caleb!

This picture is a few weeks before the head ordeal...he's our class of 2030 from Notre Dame!
This past weekend finally felt like spring. It was overcast on Saturday, but the rain held off...yeah! I ran some errands and then got to spend some time at Jo-Ann Fabrics where I purchased the material I need to make the world quilt for our baby. My mom gave me the two big pieces of material, one with the world on it and the other with the USA. We are going to *try* to put this together in two weeks when she comes to visit while Chris is in Belize with his class. I will get some pictures up of the process, but it will probably depend on how smoothly it goes! :)


On Sunday, Chris and I pulled out our pop-up camper and got it ready to go for the summer. It is now parked in its spot in the garage, which takes precedence over either one of our vehicles! We are so looking forward to going up to our land in the UP of Michigan and spend some time there to make this wait for our child go faster. We now have electricity up there, so I won't have to worry about wearing out flashlight batteries reading at night!! Anybody wanting to come spend time with us there is more than welcome; we'd love to show off our little piece of paradise to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we want to come camping!!!! we love to sleep in our tent and our car seats convert to a bed, if needed! hopefully we can tag along some time!

ps, so jealous of your pop camper! we would love to have one someday! for now, our tent will have to do :).

Anonymous said...

Aunt Rita did do a good job of fixing Caleb's forehead! It is looking really good, just a little scab left...hoping no scar! Love, Becky