Just a quick note for the week: my mom and I started and completed the world quilt project that I wrote about recently and it turned out so neat!! These pictures don't really do it justice, but I had to try to give you an idea of what we did. A lot of credit goes to mom; she sewed around each state so they would stand out. (I put her to work on that while I went to work!) The reverse side, we tied, and then put the two sides together...sounds much easier than it actually was!! I'm so glad it's done; it makes the whole adoption seem more real somehow.

Here's mom working on outlining the states. She did most of this while I was at work...thanks, Mom!!

I'm starting to tie the world side of the quilt...so much quicker and easier than sewing it!!

Sewing the satin border to both sides of the quilt; it's all one piece after this.
FINISHED...

...state-side...

...and the world.
I can't wait to be able to use this when our baby arrives!!
2 comments:
Great job! I love the quilt!
i love it! i can't wait to see it in person! thanks again for stopping by today and for bringing us the macaroni dish! it looks yummy and macaroni is one of Blake's favorites!
Post a Comment