Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

In my previous blog, I stated how this Mother's Day was going to be bittersweet...well, Chris just made it a whole lot more sweet than bitter! I was getting ready for work on Mother's Day morning and came downstairs where I noticed a card sitting on the table, addressed to me. I opened it up and it was a Mother's Day card that Chris had bought. As if that wasn't sweet enough, he asked his friend's brother (who lives in Korea; I believe he teaches English there) to help him translate Happy Mother's Day into Korean!!! They don't actually celebrate Mother's Day in Korea, so they don't have a direct translation for it, but they do celebrate Parent's Day. The brother sent Chris a link to some Korean Parent's Day cards and he copied that onto the card and then signed it from our child. By the time I actually took this all in, I had tears running down my face and ran back upstairs, where he was waiting with a grin on his face because he knew I'd be back up!!! So, what I thought would be a rough day turned out to be a beautiful one!


picture caption: close up of what roughly says "Happy Parent's Day, Thank you for all your good wishes" and "Love" on the second line, in Korean

We also bought a frame last week that we are saving for the first picture we receive of our child when we get the referral. I was excited to hang it up this morning and start turning one of our spare bedrooms into the nursery. I can't believe I just wrote that...we're going to have a nursery!!! I didn't think this day would ever come! I know a picture frame isn't much, but it's a start and so very exciting!! Chris found the frame after hunting through a bunch at Kohl's. Isn't it precious?



Can't wait to do more!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

How very sweet! I love the card and the picture frame. I hope that you have a photo to put in that frame very soon!

Kathy said...

Hi Rita!
Oh my goodness, what a sweet husband! I know it seems SO far away, but your referral day is coming! Be encouraged in knowing that God has your precious baby already chosen for you and Chris. Soon we will all meet up at BWon to meet your little one!
Take care!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

so so sweet!!! what a wonderful husband and a soon to be wonderful father! you guys are going to be the best parents to your little one!!!

ps Cohen is anxious for a little playmate :)