Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Friday, May 08, 2009

Rainy Day Blog

So, I'm just waiting around for the guy to come give an estimate on how much it will be to extend the driveway out to the side next to our garage to that we can park our pop-up camper there. It will be sooo nice not to have to try to get it through the soft ground in the spring and fall...and it will be great to have the whole garage back for our vehicles!!!

My friends Sue and Blake met their son yesterday in Korea!! She's posted pictures and video of their new family, and their son is so cute...and seems so comfortable with them already. He was just meant to be theirs!! Congratulations, my friends. Can't wait to see you when you get home! I do believe God blessed you with the child that was meant to be yours.

My hubby got a new haircut this week...short! And I love it!! Here he is grilling this week, since it was so nice out. What a handsome guy!



My good friend, Rita, and her family are going to be moving next week. Her husband just graduated from vet school and got a job in Chicago near her family. They are definitely going to be missed. "Miss Maeve" and "Baby G" are going to be so much closer to their grandparents and cousins living there, but we'll miss seeing them grow up. :( Rita, you'll just have to send a lot of pictures and visit often!!!



This is a bittersweet weekend...Mother's Day. I celebrate my mother this weekend and thank her for everything she does for me. She has been the best mother anyone could ask for, and has grown into a good friend as well. She has given me so much support and love my entire life. There are really no words to express how much love I have for her and I hope she knows just how much she means to me.
I look forward to sharing that same kind of love with my child(ren), if so blessed with them. Growing up, I never dreamed that I might not become a mom, yet these last 4 1/2 years have shown me that nothing is guaranteed. Chris and I have struggled with this dream to become parents and, at one point, even decided to live child-free, but I guess that decision never felt completely right to us. After being drawn to become parents through adoption, we have gone through a gamut of emotions: excited ("we're going to be parents!"), scared ("oh my gosh, we're going to be parents!"), impatient ("when are we finally going to be parents?"), among others. I look at moms this weekend and think, "Will I finally get to celebrate this holiday next year from the other side of it, or will I still be waiting?" It just hurts my heart to think that I may still be in this limbo a year from now. I will keep hoping and praying for our paperwork to go through quickly and for a referral as soon as possible after that, so that next year we can have a double celebration on this weekend!! Please, please pray with me.
Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there!!

No comments: