Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Overview of our week in Korea

Monday had been our first day to meet Baby J and then we did some sight-seeing with friends we met in Korea who were there to pick up their son as well.

Eating at an American pub in Seoul!  The guys said the burgers were frozen patties warmed up.  :(



The four of us and another adoptive father friend that was there picking up his daughter...on his own, brave guy!!!

Our meeting and luncheon with the director of the Korean adoption agency was cancelled on Thursday, so we were just going to go early and rock the babies that are waiting to be placed in foster homes.  Well, as we were walking near the agency, we happened to see our son with his foster mother coming in for a quick doctor check-up as he started with a cough and sneezing since our first meeting...poor little guy.  They gave him some medicine for the flight until we were able to see our pediatrician (who was on call Saturday morning and we just went to see her briefly; he is fine, she took him off the meds, and said to keep him well-hydrated...she suggested a humidifier, which we now have to find time to go get!).  We met with J and his foster mother for about an hour, during which she gave us a bunch more stuff that we had sent, some food to get him through the night, snacks that he likes, and other gifts for him, including a whole case of CDs/DVDs that we haven't even had time to open yet.  What a great foster family we had!!  Dr. Kim was available to do the blessing over the babies when it was time to leave and their driver took us and the S. family back to our hotels.

MAY 27 = GOTCHA DAY!!!!!!!!!
In the van going back to the hotel.

He did great on the plane!!  Mom and Dad, on the other hand, had to figure out at 30000 feet that he was finally hungry about halfway through the flight when everyone else was sleeping!!  But what a little trooper.  Here is when it finally hit us that he really is ours; the plane door was closed and we were moving away from the gate:


doesn't Chris look so proud and happy?!?!



Both of my boys getting some zz's.



Our family of three!!!!!!!



Our arrival in Chicago where we had to part ways from the S. family.  Can't wait to meet again!!!

We arrived home Friday evening to some super-excited people at the airport waiting to meet our son!  Not going to go into how tired we all were, but I. have. never. been. that. tired. before.  All of our body clocks are messed up and we're trying to get on a schedule, so wish us luck.  But we are happy to be home finally and ready to really get to know each other.  I am still working on trying to get video up; believe me, I have a ton that I would love to share, but right now it's only on my computer and camera!!  Here is a last picture of me and J.  When he finally gives himself over to sleep, he just goes completely limp...I love it...I LOVE HIM!!!!!


13 comments:

Dena said...

Sounds like a great trip! How much fun to get to spend time with other adoptive families in Seoul. J is just adorable! Hope you all get settled in quickly.

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes because I am so happy that you are finally home with your son!!! It has been wonderful following your journey from waiting... to referral... to more waiting :)... and finally Family Day! Congratulations to you and your boys!

Kara said...

Thanks for the update! YOu look SO happy. I'm glad you are finally home and can start your life together as a family!

Megan said...

Sounds like you had such a wonderful trip! So fun you met another couple to spend time with while you were there. The pictures are all beautiful, I am SO happy you finally have him home! Enjoy this special time together!

Kristen said...

so happy for you! such a special (and tiring!) time...enjoy every moment!

Jen said...

I'm so happy to know that you are home now with Baby J. I've enjoyed following along on your journey to your son, and I'm overjoyed that he is now home!!

IP Journey said...

Rita and J look so content in that last picture...I am so happy for you guys!

Jessica J said...

Welcome Home! The pictures and updates are wonderful. Baby J is adorable. Hope you guys are settling in nicely.

JoJo said...

Welcome home! Sounds like things went really well.

Elizabeth Frick said...

He's darling! Congratulations!!!

Cathy said...

i'm crying my eyes out! so glad you are home safe. can't wait to see you when you're ready. love you.

nancy and eric schwartz said...

welcome home...you guys look great ;)

kelly said...

Welcome home! Your little guy is adorable. Congratulations! Btw, I recognized the solo dad in your photo from another blog I read!