Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Could it really be?!?!

So I broke down and called the State Department today, even though I wasn't going to, since last Friday they had no news for me.  The reason I decided to call was because someone from our agency who has a referral at the end of October (ours was October 2) had called and received some good news, so I thought, what the heck, the worst I could get would be another negative.  Anyway, I called and waited 24 minutes listening to that ringing phone (nope, they don't even play elevator music!).  Finally, a woman with a very heavy accent answered the phone and looked up our paperwork and informed me that our son would have his interview on May 18 at 1pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So that actually took place May 17 and 11pm our time!!!  I had to ask her to repeat herself because I wasn't sure what I was hearing; I was thinking she had to be wrong, but she said it again for me and mentioned how cute my baby is...as if I didn't know that already!!!!!!!  So we could be traveling soon, soon, soon!  I am totally freaking out and need to make sure I have everything packed.  I will probably go through it all again, knowing me.  I. cannot. wait. to finally get on that plane...it's about dang time!!!  YIPPEE!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! It feels so good to call the State Department and FINALLY hear the news that you're waiting for (and what's up with the ringing phone while on hold?! That used to drive me crazy!). TC is coming soon!!!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Awesome. You are *so* close now!!!

Lucky Mama said...

WAHOO WAHOOO WAHOOO Come on phone RING!!!!! Time for baby J to come home with mommy and daddy!

IP Journey said...

Yeah!!!!! I am so so so very happy for you Rita!

Christy said...

Hurray! So excited! Can't wait to hear you got THE CALL! :)

Kristen said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

almost there!!!

Kala said...

I am sooooooooo excited for you!! I can't imagine all the different emotions your going through. I can't wait to see your son in your arms!!

juliemc said...

Congratulations: it's really here!