Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Baby Shower Pictures!!!!





So here are the promised pictures from the baby shower that my sisters threw for me this past weekend.  It was so much fun and I am so thankful for everyone that could come!  We missed those of you that could not make it, but rest assured that you were thought of.  Be warned, this is a long post, but mostly pictures.  Enjoy!!  I know I did!!

C. was looking at our new pictures of Baby J.  He would take one and hold it in both hands, very carefully, and just gaze at the picture.  He would then clearly say J's name out loud.  We know he's gonna love his cousin!!

My good friend from high school was a surprise acceptance to the shower.  Laura spent the weekend at our house and we visited, drank wine, and just loved seeing each other again.  It's been too long, Laura, and we should do this more often!!  Great to have you here!



I know I look sappy here, but it's a good picture of Chris smiling...it also looks like I have something blue in my hair, but at least it matches my outfit.  ha!


Some fancy photography by my sister, who was manning the camera for the party.


the party favors.  each blue-tinted rice krispy square had a laminated picture of baby J tied to it.  cute!


the table, minus the ice cream cake still in the freezer.  My younger sister made the cake in this picture.  Good job, Becky!!  Tasted great!


the gift pile.  What amazing family and friends we have!  Thank you for helping us get prepared for Baby J to come home.


My surprises.  Laura drove 6 hours to celebrate the weekend with me; thanks, girlfriend!  And my Aunt Lori just walked into the room.  I had no clue she was coming; they had all kept it a secret.  Good job, guys, I was completely surprised!


most of the group that came to the shower.  Thank you to all the ladies for making this day so special!


These pj's are 2T, if you can believe that!!  They look so big, but Baby J will grow into them soon enough, I've been told!


C. had just woken up from his nap, but the boy likes having his picture taken.  You can't tell, but someone told him to say "cheese," and even though he was still half-asleep, he mumbled "cheeeeese."  What a character!


"hmmm, nobody's around...how much of this can I get in to and eat?!?!"  (don't worry, no child in this picture was actually alone at this table!)


cutting the ice cream cake


after the party, someone got to play with a few of the toys...



he had a blast!


seems like my nephew is always eating!


but at least he enjoys it all!


stopping to cheese for the camera.


3 sisters...




...3 expectant mamas!!!
(Baby J's picture is just over my shoulder, so we've got all of us and our babies in the picture!)


VERY fun day!!!!  Thanks again to everyone who could celebrate it with me and special thanks to my wonderful sisters for planning the whole thing from two states away!!  Love you guys!

3 comments:

IP Journey said...

Thanks for inviting me! I had a lot of fun and can't wait to meet Jason in person!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice shower! Those 2T jammies do look big!!

Kathy said...

Isn't it so much fun to get all of those cute things?!! I love seeing your pictures! It is getting closer! He will be home soon! Take care!