Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Friday, February 12, 2010

Black or Orange?

The quilt top is finished!!!!!!


I'm so excited to finally see this all put together.  It turned out even better than I thought it would!


This is the fabric I'm going to use for the backing.

Here is a close-up to see the colors better...




Now, I have to decide what color border to use.  Black or orange?  (It's going to be satin.)  Tell me what you think.  Thanks!!

7 comments:

Celeste and Tom said...

Could you do 2 sides black & 2 orange? I do not know quilting so do not know if that is possible, so if only one go orange. The quilt turned out beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Rita - the quilt is beautiful!!! I have absolutely no creative sense... so I won't comment on the black/orange. But I know it will be gorgeous & special no matter what color you choose!

IP Journey said...

looks awesome rita! i say go with orange, but what do i know? i have never made a quilt. =)

IP Journey said...

looks awesome rita! i say go with orange, but what do i know? i have never made a quilt. =)

nancy and eric schwartz said...

orange :)

Jen said...

Awesome, Rita!!! It's so great to see your quilt all pieced together. How beautiful!

I say... sew on another narrower black border (1-inch) and then add the orange border... I know, it wasn't an option, but black will do well to keep the darker squares all grounded, and an orange binding will keep the quilt from looking two border heavy. Just my 2-cents! :)

Rita and Chris said...

Jen,
I thought about doing something like that, only using the backing as the black border you mentioned. I like your idea better, though, as I don't want to have to worry about the pattern that's on the backing being straight along the borders. I just want to have this part done though!! And on to the quilting!!!