Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Project updates

Chris and I both had Sunday and Monday off of work and we got a lot of projects completed.  I left him a "honey-do" list on Saturday when I went to work and we got most everything crossed off by last evening.  Let's see, we lowered the springs on Baby J's crib, got the shower doors taken out (we're switching to a shower curtain while J's young, so we don't have only half the tub to work with when bathing him) and a new shower rod up.  I bought the new shower curtains on-line and they should be here by the time of my baby shower at the end of the month when we're going to have family staying at the house.  At least, I hope it gets here in time!!  I finished up the other half of the closet organizer and cleaned out the spare bedroom closet to put the organizer in there.  We bought a ceiling fan/light for J's room, which Chris is going to put up (he's a pro at this; I do love my ceiling fans!).  We finally decided on a car seat...yeah!!!  Can't believe what a decision that was to make, but you know, it's our baby's safety.  We did find out that there is no one car seat that everyone likes; that would make things too easy.  Chris got his work bench in the garage cleaned up and put up a bigger shelf in his "man cave."  And I finally started on the quilt!!!!!!  I got all the squares cut (only slightly messing up once) as well as the sashing that will go between each one and am ready to start sewing.  I can't believe it!  I'm hoping to have a good start on the top of the quilt by the shower so I can show it off.  I will definitely be posting pictures of that.  We also have the letter to our foster family translated; I just need to print it off on some nice paper.  Chris has a Korean friend from college and he was able to translate our letter almost over night...thanks so much, Sang!  I still have a few areas of the house that I need to clean out and get organized; start getting gifts for the trip to give the foster family and any other people who help us out; check to see if I can upload video from a video camera Chris' aunt/uncle are loaning us for the trip; and maybe start getting lists together for what to pack for our trip!  Unbelievable that I am actually, finally writing that!!  We have NOT heard anything, but I want to be prepared in case things start going quickly (which I am hoping and praying for with all my heart).  Oh, I'd also like to get our bedroom painted before we bring him home, but that's at the bottom of my list right now.  That's all for now.

No comments: