Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

From the mouth of babes...

Heard through the monitor:

6:50 am:  "Mama, HEY Mama!"
               "Dada, are you SLEE-ping?!  Are you SLEE-ping, Dada??"
               Uh, no, not anymore.

"Mama, are you com-ing?"

"Mama, where are you??"

"I waked up!"  (Mind you, sometimes he says this after a non-nap...buddy, you never went to sleep!!)

We'll read a book to him and then he'll say "My turn!" and read the book to us (with a bit of prompting); I love listening to him read to me!  This is mostly for the Llama llama books and Goodnight Moon...or, really, any rhyming book in general.

He pluralizes his plurals...cars'es, trains'es, cups'es...you get the picture.

"You buy the tickets, Mama?! You buy tickets?!" (The entire week prior to our 3-hour Amtrak ride to meet Daddy.  He was, obviously, very concerned that I hadn't bought them.)

"Here comes me!!"...yelled over and over to his Dada as he comes down the stairs in the morning with Mama.

"Mama, you have purple diaper on?!" (when he saw my purple underwear)  My husband thinks this is hilarious!  (And, yes, I can laugh at myself.) Boo now knows that they are underwear, yet does not want to start wearing his own.

"Hey, you be quiet now. I make phone call!
Hi! This is [his name]."  (with his toy phone up to his ear)

"Mama, you sprinkled!"  I was wearing a shirt with some sequins on it...I was "sparkling."

when looking into a sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints at the last cookie..."I may be eating that one!"...as he reached for it.

"I bought you tickets to Riverdance" said randomly at lunch one day recently.  which he had, with Daddy's help, for my birthday two months ago!

Me: Okay, let's try to go potty!
Boo: No, I don't want to!!
Me: When will you want to?
Boo: Um, it will be Saturday.
(We'll see...)

When I can get him to say the months of the year, his birthday is always included...January, February, March, April 14th (said with much enthusiasm!)...and then he usually stops.

Speaking of birthdays:
Me: What do you want for your birthday?
Boo: A penguin!!
Um, what?!?!

No comments: