Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fireman Fred

A couple weeks ago, Chris and I took Boo to a nearby fire station where a new friend of ours works.  (He and his wife are waiting for the referral of their first child and are number 2 right now!!  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers that they get some great news soon.)  We had ourselves a private tour of the station and the two fire trucks there.  Needless to say, Boo was enthralled...and so was his daddy.

Boys + big machines = heaven!

Boo got to sit in the driver's seat with the lights on and even got to push the button that started the fire truck's engine, which was so loud I think it actually scared him a little (I definitely jumped!).  But when I started laughing, he then thought the big noise he had just helped make was awesome!  We got a tour of the entire fire truck (way more stuff on it than I ever knew) and the firemen's sleeping area.  The central dispatch area even tested the station's alarm system for us.

Boo got a fireman's hat and some fire safety coloring books from Fireman Fred and has loved wearing the hat around the house.  What a cutie!


All smiles in the driver's seat!



Rockin' his new hat.


The fire truck's wheel was bigger than Boo!

Trying out some new boots.

With Fireman Fred in back of truck 2-3, Boo's favorite.

Still the fireman, days later!

Thank you so much, Sarah and Fred, for giving my boys and me a fun new experience!
We'll have to do it again sometime.

1 comment:

Scubagal said...

Oh my gosh the tire picture is too cute! Seems he's got some growing to do in order to fit the boots as well : ).