Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Our Family Christmas

With Christmas being on a weekend this year, we knew we were going to already be at Chris' family's house for the holiday itself, but still wanted to have our own family Christmas with Boo.  So Chris took off work the Friday before Christmas and we gave Boo his gifts from us that morning when he woke up.  So sweet to see the excitement in his eyes when he saw the wrapped packages under the tree!  He was hesitant at first, until he made sure the gifts were for him, and then he enjoyed ripping them open.  And he is getting to be a "ripper of the wrapping paper."  Yeah!  Mama has to learn to curb her impatience, though: I wanted him to open all his gifts and then choose which to play with, while he was content to open one and sit there playing with it while he still had other unopened gifts under the tree!



Every time he takes a bow off a package, it goes straight on his head!

Our little package:


He loved the "Cars" room decals we got him.
We had to go up and put them ALL up!

He even detailed his crib.
And the Sheriff watches over him when he sleeps.

Our first fur baby, Jinx.

Our younger fur baby, Lexi.

Taken on an (obviously) frosty cold morning.
I think this picture is pretty cool. (ha! get it??)

 These next few pictures are just me playing around with the camera, settings, and then color on the computer.  I love the macro pictures I see on other's blogs and thought I would try my hand at some.  Not sure how good they actually turned out in comparison, but I like them.


These flowers remind me of my wedding bouquet: beautiful orange roses.
Gorgeous.  Brought back some wonderful memories!


 Here, I fiddled around with the color or outlining or something in Ph*toshop and came up with this pretty neat picture!

And I will leave you with a message from our son:


No comments: