Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Memories

We spent Christmas with Chris' family this year.  In the previous post, I told you that the three of us celebrated Christmas at home a couple days early; then we leisurely packed up and headed north to see his family so we could be there before my birthday on the 24th.  (Yep, Christmas Eve baby here.  I just wanted to be able to sleep in and not have to get packed, loaded up, and drive on my birthday.  Turned out great!)  We had multiple family dinners over the next few days, met some new friends of the family, and "shook our groove thang" to a new dance-off gaming program!  Chris, his older brother, and their mom even got into it, but I promised NO video of them dancing on the blog.  I gotta tell ya, though, we were all. cracking. up.  The boys, God love 'em, were at the back of the line when "rhythm" was being handed out...and I think I know where they got it (or, ahem, didn't get it) from!  But they all rocked it out and had a blast!!

Since we didn't have any cookies with us, we left some mini muffins and milk for Santa and his reindeer.  Boo knows who Santa Claus is and that he brings gifts, but other than that, really doesn't get Christmas yet.  So when he saw that the muffins had been eaten and the milk half-gone, he just got a kind of confused look on his face.  That is, until he saw the stuffed stocking sitting on the floor!  Then it was like, "great, he's been here.  Let's open presents!"

"Cars" tattoos and underwear!
(No, he's not potty-trained.  Yes, I'm hoping!)

silly straw glasses

told ya that's always where the bow goes!
straight to the head.
that's my sweet little package!!

Watching a new movie with Grandma.

more cuddle time with Grandma


playing with new camper toy with Grandma and Great-grandma

my big boy

I love this family picture!

Great-grandpa with Lexi.
He loves our little girl 'cause he had one just like her many years ago.
He is also the one man (besides Chris) that she goes right up to without acting scared.

Boo, Daddy, and great-grandparents

he loves being able to use his sleeping bag.
Lexi was quite comfortable with it too!

We had a great time and Boo came home with a lot of fun presents.  Good thing this only happens once, or twice, okay, maybe three times a year!!!

No comments: