Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

J's Journal - 15 months today

Yep, I am 15 months old today!  I have been home for just over 6 weeks now and am getting along pretty well.  Last night was the first night since I've been home that Daddy was gone overnight for work.  Mommy thought she was going to get to sleep in their big bed all night by herself, but I had others plans. (insert evil little laugh)  I decided that, since I'm cutting one of my molars, I would wake Mommy up around 12:30 and make her come in my room!  I just couldn't get back to sleep for a while; I wasn't wanting to get up, but I sure as heck didn't want to be alone in my room and the only one awake!!  So Mommy kept me company...she told me that she snuck back into her room around 3am after falling asleep on my floor.  Do I dare tell them that this might be what I do when I am cutting teeth??  Naaahhh, I'll just keep 'em guessing!

We then had a playdate this morning at a park we've never been to and I had so. much. fun.  They had climbing stuff there that was just my size and two, yes I said TWO, steering wheels that were at my height!!!  One of the other boys was older than me and was very fast walking upright on both his feet (I've done that a couple of times, but boy, is it hard to keep my feet moving as fast as my upper body so I just like to fall, laughing, into Mommy or Daddy's arms!).  The other little boy was fun to play beside...unless, of course, he wanted my steering wheels.  Then I wasn't happy with him.  And Mommy's telling me I have to share?!?!  I have no. clue. what that means, so I'm playing with them both, thank you very much!

After that, I passed out for a nap even though we have lunch plans.  I'm trying to thwart Mommy at every turn today!!  She is doing pretty well for not having been able to tag-team with Daddy last night and this morning.  It was fun to snuggle in bed with her this morning for half an hour when I woke her up for the day.  Maybe I'll give her a break later...

4 hours later...

...or not!!  Mommy wanted me to go down for another nap after our second playdate of the day, which was at the play area at the Mall.  I found another steering wheel and had a blast.  Don't think I even paid much attention to the other little boy.  Maybe next time?  And he should be getting a little brother soon from Korea who is about my age !!  I could teach him all the things I've learned so far.  I can't wait!!

I'm tired now, but fighting this nap tooth and nail!  I'm trying to make it hard for Mommy, too, by giving a cry every 15-20 seconds or so.  You know, just enough to show her I'm still awake.  Who wants to waste time sleeping when Daddy is coming home tonight?!  Mommy keeps saying it won't be until later, but "later" could be during this nap thing and I don't want it to get in the way of seeing him!  She says I'll be crabby later if I don't nap now...I think she thinks she knows me or something, huh?  I cried long enough this last time that I made her come back to the room to rock me some more; I didn't get enough cuddle-time the first go-round.  :)  I guess she WAS right about me being tired because I pretty much went out like a light once she did that!!  Or maybe it was because she remembered to turn on my noise machine this time??  I bet now she's not going to let me sleep very long because then I "won't go to bed tonight"; what, you want me on a schedule or something?!?!   (Note: I woke up after only 45 minutes so Mommy didn't have to wake me up.)

Daddy came home earlier than expected.  I had just gotten done helping Mommy make some sticky rice for dinner and was having a goldfish snack when Daddy opened the door.  When I saw him, I was so excited, but I had to go for one more goldfish and then I was waaaay up in his arms!!  So much fun.  We had dinner together, then Daddy and I played with my toys, they both played with me while I was taking my bath, and then I went to bed.  I am wiped. out.  Maybe I'll let them both sleep through the night tonight.  Hmmmmm...

3 comments:

IP Journey said...

Was fun to catch up today! Thanks for thinking of me...hopefully good news soon!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Happy 15 months!

Kristen said...

Happy 15th months - after 6 weeks it sounds like you almost have mommy & daddy trained :)