Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hall*mark request


As mentioned in a previous post, we recently sent a recordable storybook from Hall*mark to baby J in Korea.  I had sent a thank you email to the store, I think from the receipt you could go on-line and write a review or something like that.  Anyway, when I got home tonight, I had a personal email (not just a formatted one) from a Hall*mark public relations person from the Kansas City headquarters...they want to use our story on their 100th anniversary website coming out in January!!!  Here is an excerpt from that email:

"Your message about how the Hallmark recordable storybook will help the
little one you're adopting become acquainted with his new mom and dad from
afar, has made its way to me. Actually, it has been shared with several
employees, especially those on the creative team that came up with the
idea, and I guarantee you, it has made everyone's day here at Hallmark's
Kansas City headquarters!

I am writing to make a request.  Hallmark will mark its 100th birthday on
Jan. 10, and one of the ways we are celebrating is to develop a centennial
web site.  One of the features of the site asks people to share their
"Hallmark moment" with us.  The site launches in January but I would like
to have some Hallmark Moment stories already on the site to help people get
the idea -- and your story is one of those I'd love to be able to post."



We are both so excited about this request!!  When I sent the thank you email and explanation about the book, I had no idea that something like this would happen.  This will be a great item to put in baby J's life-book scrapbook that I am making for him (so that he can follow along on his adoption journey, bringing him home, and his early life with us).  He'll know that we are so proud of his journey to us and to be chosen as his "forever" parents.  So don't forget to go to their website after January 10 to see our "Hall*mark moment" published for the world to see!


Merry Christmas, Baby J!!!  




ps - Not sure what happened to my font size here, after pasting the excerpt from the email...gotta love technology.  ;-)

6 comments:

sue said...

that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

how wonderful!!

IP Journey said...

that's so great rita! i can't wait to see your story!

Jen said...

That is great, Rita! How very special... and a wonderful way to share with the world your love for Baby J.

The Gronewold Family said...

This is so cool! That is exciting and I will check it out in January!

Heather said...

That's cool!!