I fell asleep on Boo's floor yesterday for naptime, thinking seeing me with my eyes closed would get him to go to sleep as well.
Ha!
I was the only one who took a nap yesterday, although it was pretty nice to have one.
When I woke up and peeked an eye open to see what he was doing, I saw a certain little someone staring at me while pretty much balancing himself on the top rail of the crib! Of course, I immediately told him to get down before he fell. I told him I'd be right back and rushed downstairs for the camera, after which I asked him to try to climb out of his crib so I could take pictures. Yeah, mama of the year award, right here!! Don't worry, I didn't let him go too far.
"really, you want me to do what?"
"okay, I go like this with that foot..."
"...and then grab here with my hands..."
a little more pull and he'd be over!
Okay, you can stop. Now.
So Chris and I decided that this weekend, we would convert his crib to a toddler bed. Nothing wrong with trying to keep him in the crib as long as we could; he wasn't complaining about it and, as far as we knew, he wasn't trying to climb out of it...at least, successfully. During his bath, we switched out the bed rails, then got him in his pj's and let him loose.
I think he's diggin' it.
So far, no problems, although I think he was pretty exhausted by the time he went to bed, so tonight's ease could be deceiving. Who knows where we'll find him in the morning!!
My baby's not a baby any more.







1 comment:
Love how this all went down right before your sleepy little eyes and seems to suite him well.
Post a Comment