Sometimes you just need a little reminder of what you have.
It doesn't have to knock you down or punch you in the gut to get your attention, but it stops you in your tracks just the same. I had one of those gentle reminders tonight after dinner.
After meeting my husband and son for a great dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant after work, we got our fortune cookies. I read mine and "stopped in my tracks."
You see, I sometimes wonder yet if our family is complete; most of the time, I feel it is. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and an amazing child. But at other times -- you know, those times I torture myself by looking at the photolistings of waiting children who need loving homes -- I feel like we could add one more. After hearing of a sibling call this past week and seeing a couple pictures of cuties waiting for their forever families, as well as more people pregnant at work and both siblings having more than one child now, I have had the "itch" recently to give Boo a sibling.
Last night, I asked God to open our hearts to another child if that is what is meant for our family, or to give me a sign if our family is complete. I got whacked over the head with the answer tonight.
My fortune?
"Stop searching forever, happiness is just next to you."
Literally.
Okay, okay, I'm listening.


No comments:
Post a Comment