Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Monday, December 05, 2011

Let the Season begin...!!

I love Christmas.

I love the sense of joy everyone has at this time of year, I love the Christmas carols, and I love giving gifts. Yes, I enjoy getting them as well, but I get absolutely giddy when I have a gift for someone that I believe they will love, and cannot wait to give it to them.  That usually results in me being the one to push opening presents so that I can see their reaction!

This year, Boo has been helping with the season preparation.  We started listening to Christmas carols three days after Thanksgiving (on the way home from my family's holiday celebrations; will post more on that later) and he has been asking to hear Jingle Bells ever since!

This weekend we got our tree, which had to be sniff-tested first:



 helping haul the tree with Dada

the naked tree

our little Santa boy

Sunday night with lights and a fire going.
Oooohhh, have I mentioned I love this season?!

Last night, Chris and I decided to put together the train table we bought back in the spring for what was supposed to be Boo's Gotcha Day present.  After we got it, we decided to give it to him once the weather got colder because he loves being outside and we didn't want to give him a gift that would keep him inside when the weather was warm.  And wow, were we right!!!!  His reaction this morning was milder than I thought it would be:


...BUT, we had to make him stop to eat and then go to the grocery store with us later!!  

"I'm playing."

Also, when Chris put him down for his nap, he was quiet for about 45 minutes and then started crying.  When Chris went up and asked him what was wrong, he said that he wanted to play.  We're never going to get out of the house again!!

In the morning.  Three solid hours.

Another three hours of play in the afternoon and evening.


He ate dinner without any fuss.  I guess that's what all-day playing with your new train set will do to you...makes you a hungry boy!!

Train table: on sale.
Time to put it together: about 3 hours.
Expression on Boo's face and his enjoyment of the gift: priceless.

No comments: