Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Thursday, October 27, 2011

NLCS Game 3

We were lucky enough to get tickets from a friend for the St. Louis Cardinals National League Championship Series Game 3!  We both enjoy baseball and were so excited to take Boo to his first Major League baseball game.  (Although we took him to a spring training game in March, Chris says that doesn't really count...o-kay.)  Anyway, Boo did great; we drove down that afternoon and parked on the IL side of the river in order to take the train across.  We thought he would really enjoy it and we. were. right.  He liked it so much that, when we got off and it started pulling away, he reached back across my shoulder, saying "Thomas, come back!" over and over.  And wouldn't stop saying it until we assured him that "Thomas" would come back for us after the game was over.  Can you say obsessed??

We stayed until the middle of the 8th inning and then left so that we could beat the crowds once the game finished.  And guess what time it was?...10pm.  Yep, no whining, no meltdown at all.  The peanuts we bought around the 5th inning probably helped a ton in that department, I kid you not.  We rode "Thomas" back across the river and got to our car in time to hear the fireworks telling us that our team had won!  And because we wanted to reward Boo for being such a good little guy, we decided to get small milkshakes to celebrate.  We took them back to the hotel and the three of us cuddled in bed, sipping our shakes, while watching the postgame on TV.  Chris and Boo had ordered the same flavor, so when our little sweet-tooth mooch finished his own kiddie-size shake, he turned slightly to his daddy, glanced up from under his lashes, and whispered, (whispered mind you, probably hoping that Mama wouldn't hear!) "I want some!"  We couldn't stop laughing, the kid was so stinkin' cute.  And because we were laughing, that started him giggling.  But after getting ready for bed, he konked out like a light in the other bed, no fuss, no stalling.  It was such a fun, short getaway and things like that still amaze me as far as how lucky we are to be our family of three.

We only took a few pictures at the ballfield:

I really like this one that I took of the loves of my life!

Cardinals Family Photo

If you can't tell, I was the one taking this picture; it's that awkward, head-leaned-back-so-I-can-get-in-the-picture-but-now-I've-got-a-weird-looking-neck pose.  Great picture of Chris finally, and Boo looks absolutely adorable!!

GO CARDS!!

No comments: