Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Catch-up Post #1

Okay, so I'm so far behind on blogging about our summer, that I'm going to break it up into a few shorter blogs - which may not be short by the time I'm done with them!  I will try my best to show you what we've been up to without completely boring you with a whole lot of details.

End of July - we got together with my family at a halfway point between all our homes.  We rented a large cabin where we all had our own rooms and the place itself was awesome!  The kids loved it, although in a couple years, we'll probably need to be at a place closer to children's activities, with all the boys getting older.

Love this picture!

Mommy and Boo

had fun playing pool by rolling the balls while sitting on the table!

reading a Notre Dame book with Grandpa...Go Irish!

picnic time...look at all those smiles!!!

We tried to get a good picture of the boys.  Four of them.  Three and under.  Ha!
"What's the problem, J?" asks E.

almost had it here...

Yikes!  Are we almost done yet??

Story time with grandma...

...attracted another grandson...

...and then another with revolving seating!

Awesome picture of Grandma and Grandpa with their four grandsons!

Beginning of August - Back up to our land to camp; we rented a pontoon boat for a day with friends of ours and had such a great time, even though we had to head back to the rental place early so as not to get stuck in the middle of a downpour!  We actually stopped at a restaurant on the river halfway back to escape the storm and had a great view of the rain from a corner window seat.

buying a life vest for Boo for the pontoon ride.  Of course, he's thrilled because it's got "Cars" on it!!  The picture is fuzzy because he was so excited and wouldn't stay still for a good picture.

Daddy's second-in-command

Our little skipper

Naptime on the pontoon boat.  I've seen pictures of other kids who've fallen asleep on a boat and thought that Boo would never do that; he would be too excited.  Boy, was I wrong!  He fell asleep so quickly once he was wrapped up (the temp started dropping before the storm) and had his binky...wow, what a great kid!

Keeping the four adults entertained during the storm with Mommy's ballcap and Daddy's sunglasses.

A deer feeding her fawn on the road to our place. 
(Obviously, we couldn't get closer for a better picture or else we would have spooked them.  You can tell mom's already alert to our presence: her ears are up and she was starting right at us!)

Dinnertime at camp.  All the fresh air makes for a good appetite for Boo.

Ice cream treat.  And, I'm sorry, but look at all the ice cream in the dish in front of my son...that was what they called a small cone!!  Perfect for me (heehee), but for a two-year-old...no way!  I wanted him to actually sleep sometime in the next few days!!!

Wading in the lake near our land...why do I always think we won't get in the water when we go to the lake???  So, therefore, I never take a swim diaper and the poor kid ends up walking/slogging around in a 15-lb diaper!  And I found out that they get really tight around the legs when they're waterlogged.  Whoops!  Sorry, little guy.

Chris put up a motion-sensitive trail camera facing our campsite to see what kinds of animals wander through.  We got quite a few pictures of deer...

...and he was absolutely ecstatic about capturing this bear in one of the pictures.  We know they are up in the area, but have only seen one once from the safety of the truck as we were driving along a highway less than 5 minutes from camp.  I think Chris would like to see one from the camper.  Me, I'm very content to look at the picture, thank-you-very-much.

So now you're caught up to the beginning of our August.  Whoo-hoo!  I will try to get the next post out after the busy holiday weekend coming up.  Here's hoping the temps are going to drop a little so we can be outside the next three days without falling over from heat exhaustion!  Stay cool.

No comments: