Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Catch-up Post #3 - Family Trips

At the end of August, we visited my grandfather, aunt, uncle, and cousin for the weekend.  Boo had a great time getting to know these extended family members a little better, and they seemed to really enjoy having him around as well!!  We had a bit of a surprise as Chris was hospitalized while we were there; it made our stay a day longer and my family spent a lot of time babysitting Boo while I was at the hospital with Chris.  We were extremely proud of our little guy that weekend for so many reasons.  He didn't fuss over us leaving; he seemed so relaxed and at home from the time we got there and was talking non-stop. His great-grandpa really enjoyed listening to him, I was told!  He also allowed my aunt to put him to sleep, both at nap time and at night.  This is pretty big for him, and for us, as the only people besides us who have put him to sleep since he's been home (15 months at that time), have been his grandmas!  She was also able to take some pictures of their activities that weekend.

Boo absolutely LOVED their cuckoo clock!  They also have a grandfather clock that would chime right before the cuckoo clock, so we knew when to look for that little birdie coming out.  We would count how many times he chirped before he went back inside to go to sleep.  Entertaining and educational!  :)

He went for a bike ride to the park.

Ice cream time with great-grandpa!!
Maybe another reason why he didn't mind having Mommy and Daddy gone?!?!



Cousins (with a once-removed in there somewhere!)

Spending time in their pool.


Labor Day weekend, we visited Chris' family and again, Boo was feeling right at home as soon as we got there.  We ate a lot of good food and saw all the boys.  I kid you not, this family is made up of pretty much all males: Chris is one of three boys, and Boo only has boy cousins.  Chris' dad only has brothers and they both only have sons as well.  And man, was I taking a lot of ribbing during the Notre Dame game that weekend because they all know I'm a die-hard fan and the Irish didn't win...but you know what?  Bring it.  :)

Chris, his brothers, nephews, and Boo

Grandma, her sons, grandsons, and great-grandsons (we were actually missing three guys from this picture)

Two boys missing from this one (I'm not sure who the other lady is in this picture, but she wanted to be in it...no problem!)

Trampoline jumping

Sunset at the lake

Tubing.  Obviously, I don't go tubing a lot; after this picture was taken, I was informed that we should probably lay down on our bellies to make it easier to hold on.  Thanks for the tip!

I am getting closer to finally being caught up with our activities.  Up next: our first outing with the new canoe and a trip to the apple orchards.

No comments: