Oh, son, are you trying to push all my buttons this morning?!?!
J and I ran some errands this morning and he's actually been in a pretty good mood. Yesterday he decided that he didn't want to take a nap, so just laid in his crib for an hour rolling around, kicking the rails, and yelling every few minutes to let me know that he was still awake...thanks, Boo. Well, that resulted in a slightly earlier bedtime (only by about 20 minutes), but he did sleep for a complete 12 hours!! Very nice.
After going to a friend's garage sale, Boo wanted something to eat so we sat at the table together and ate two different snacks. Of course, he wanted a bite of mine, so I asked him to tell me the "magic word." Now, mind you, he *knows* this. Has repeated it many, many times over the past 12 months. Over the past few days though, at least with me, he will not say it in order to get something he wants to eat. He'll just stare at the item, point and/or grunt, and open his mouth while leaning forward. I have refused to give in. I'm afraid if I start giving him things without making him ask politely, he's going to grow up to be one of those kids who is rude to others (you know the ones, after you interact with them, you think, "well, my kid isn't going to grow up and act like that!").
So, I didn't give him my snack. I ate it all myself. Not that I didn't give him a chance; I asked him numerous times what the magic word was. The boy is definitely stubborn though and refused to say it; he just gave me a serious look and opened his mouth for a bite. Ugh!...pushing. my. buttons. I am so frustrated, I could scream! I'm probably making too much of this, but I can't help it. I'm not going to win the Mommy of the year award, and I'm okay with that, as long as my child grows up to be polite.
But there had better darn well be a nap today.
Because Mommy definitely needs a timeout.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment