Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Parties

So, in honor of his 2nd birthday, we had a second birthday party for J, this one on his birthday and invited some friends from town.  We had about a dozen people come over and, even though we had stated "no gifts", there were of course a few that just couldn't resist bringing something for our sweet boy!  Here's some pictures from the party:

Well, this is the gift from Mommy and Daddy.  We did NOT have a no gift rule for ourselves!!



Blowing out his candles.
(Yes, he is holding an unlit match.  Don't call DCFS...we did not let him light it!!)

L-O-V-I-N-G the fact that his cake had M&M's on it.
And I think he actually enjoyed the ice cream more than the M!



J has finally gotten the hang of riding on his tractor...and I mean riding, literally.  He loves to now press the gas pedal, but the boy has. no. concept. of steering.  I mean, he goes right towards the tree, mailbox, rain gutter, Mommy...you get the picture.  But man, does he love screaming "Hi!" and waving at his Daddy while he's riding it.  Mommy, on the other hand, needs to walk right next to him, by his command, and get dizzy while he rides in circles.  Gotta love it!



This past weekend, Chris and I went to a friend's wedding by ourselves (woohoo!  read: "date").  Wedding was great, she was gorgeous!!  Then we went home, got J ready, and went on to the reception with him in tow.  He had a good time, meeting new people, getting to eat a cupcake, and then dancing with one of the bridesmaids.  Although he seemed to be more into looking around at everyone than getting his groove on.




He stayed up late that night, but was such a good boy the whole time, no tantrums, meltdowns, etc.  And on the way home, I was even able to catch some video of him singing *his* version of the ABC's.  (Sorry about the dark, but if I would have turned on the car light, he probably would have stopped!)


2 comments:

Min said...

Happy birthday, J! I love your family photo. That's a great shot!

IP Journey said...

Happy Birthday J! Sorry we couldn't make it! Love the trike! (that's what we're planning to get Joel too for his birthday!)