J turned 17 months old last week! We can't believe it!! He's still only saying a few things in English (uh-oh, hi, and I think he's starting to say "up"), but we can tell that he's understanding a whole lot more, so it's just a matter of time before his babble turns into actual words. I cannot wait!!!!! I asked him to open his mouth yesterday and then showed him what I meant, and he mimicked me right away, down to saying "ahhhhh!" It was absolutely adorable! And he giggles afterwards each time. I love that boy.
My mom came up and stayed with us last week, as Chris was out of town for work. J loved having his grandma here...on the second day, she started getting big hugs in the morning, which was amazing for me to see. I have waited years to see my mom with my children and it's finally here. And she was so excited too that I'm not sure who had more tears in her eyes! Anyway, we had a great time with Grandma here, but were also very excited that Daddy came back a night early and was here when J woke up on Saturday.
Speaking of waking up (and I really really hope I'm not jinxing ourselves!), J has been sleeping through the night for the past 3-4 nights, maybe waking once to have his diaper changed but going back to sleep right away. And then the earliest he's woken up for good has been 7. One day I even got to sleep in until 8am; mind you, I had been sleeping on his floor since about 5:30 that morning, but who cares...8AM!!!!!
Now for the pictures and some video:
Day 2 at the sitter's, his binky and blanket at the ready.
"Maybe I'll feel more comfortable if I can hold J's hand." Our sitter's older boy; her younger one is a week younger than our J!
Day 4: his big brother buddy. Such a sweet picture!!
We tore out our old front porch and had a new, bigger one added. We absolutely love it and wish we would have done this years ago! We can even put the baby gate across the opening and let the dogs come out. They love that!
Spent July 4-5 at Chris' extended family. J was so taken with their cat and vice versa. I think it's the first time he's seen one. He was sooo gentle with it! Can you see the one pointer finger reaching out?!
"Here kitty kitty!"
He was giggling uncontrollably. He thought that cat was the best play thing!
Spent some time at a lake they have...
...looks like he's just floating in deep water...
...surprise! Not even waist deep. He was liking it for the most part until he went under backwards (by accident, people! I was right there, but he was slippery!) and then wanted nothing more to do with being in the water by himself. He rested on my shoulder for probably close to an hour after that.
Getting to sit in the driver's seat of the ski boat. Daddy kept a close eye on him so he didn't push that oh-so-interesting throttle forward that's on his right side!
And then great-uncle Donald let him help steer the boat back to the dock. Wonderful, wonderful day!
This first video I can't get to turn vertically, so sorry about that! But oh, so, cute dancing. We went to a Jazz Fest in town and found out our boy likes jazz as well...although he will start dancing to almost any song with a good beat.
And this one was just a cute moment between Daddy and J.
Tomorrow, Chris' parents are coming for the day, so J will get to spend time with them. I am putting together a small picture album for J of his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins so that we can look at it frequently and he can at least get to know their faces. I'm hoping this will help make him more comfortable with them when we all get together; I only have a couple more pictures to get and it will be complete. He already likes to flip through the pages, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.
I'll try not to let as much time go past before my next post, but you never know! Hope you've enjoyed this one and didn't get bored.













4 comments:
You've been busy! That's why I havn't seen you in weeks! We have to get together sometime before I go back to work in 2 weeks!
So sweet! Glad things are going so well. Hope day care time gets easier soon!
Oh, I feel for Chris having the daycare duty. That sounds hard! But it's great to hear from you and know that you are all adjusting well. Wahoo!
Awesome update! It sounds like you guys have been busy. I love the video of Chris and J sharing the chips! So cute!
Post a Comment