We think he's going through a growth spurt, as he is sleeping more and not quite as picky about his food as usual. He has been sleeping through the night for the past week (knock on wood that I'm not jinxing us again) and some nights going 11 hours!!! And I am super excited to announce that the past two naps and two nights that I have put him to bed, I have actually left the room before he's asleep. This is a major milestone, as my leaving has been followed by either no crying or less than 5 minutes of the crying that says "hey, come back in here with me, but if you don't, I'll go to sleep anyway." He seems to be liking his crib a bit more these days and is not terrified of being alone in his room. When he wakes up in the morning, he'll now cry out a couple of times to tell us he's awake...if we don't get in there within a few minutes, then he lets us know that we're taking too long! I can't wait for the day that he calls us by saying mommy or daddy, but that day will come and I'm trying to be patient!!
The poor boy is also cutting his top two canine teeth at the same time. He has had one tooth or another (molars) coming in for the past 2 1/2 months! No wonder he's picky about his food. But other than that (and drooling buckets!!), he really is doing well with the teething. Two more to go and then he's good until his two-year molars start coming in, right?!?!
Now for a bunch of cute pictures of our son...what, were you expecting otherwise?!
Giggles...
...kisses...
...and hugs with Grandma.
Hanging out with Daddy watching football and using J's phone.
First trip to the pumpkin patch...loving the ride in the wagon! Guess I know what will be on his Christmas list.
With his Illini gear on.
Doesn't he look like he's about to get into trouble?!?! I adore this boy!
Flying high and loving it with some help from Dad.
Sleeping in (until 7:40 this morning!).
Snack time on the stepstool made by Great-grandpa.
I haven't put in a picture of our first two babies lately. Lexi and Jinx resting after a day of being chased around by a toddler. Poor tired girls!
Lexi puts up with soooo much!













3 comments:
Tons of cute photos! I love the one with the pumpkin! Perfect for fall...
Yeah for four months home! J looks like such a happy, fun little guy.
What a great update! I love J's sneaky look in the "about to get into trouble" picture! So cute!
Post a Comment