So as I was giving J some snacks today while playing, he signed that he wanted "more, please" and waited for the food to come. I thought I'd try asking for a kiss before giving it to him (I know, I know, you're not supposed to bribe your kids, but I thought what the heck, it won't kill him to give me a kiss). I also figured he wouldn't do it anyway, since he never has before, either of his own volition or when asked to. Much to my surprise and complete awe, he came at me with puckered lips and pressed them to my own!!!!! I just sat there for a second, not believing what had just happened, then started grinning and gave him a huge hug. Of course, he got his snack for that. :) And when I asked for another one, it was a messy open-mouthed kiss with a kissing sound accompaniment. I was thrilled! Those are the only two I've received from him; usually he puts his forehead on ours and rubs it back and forth. When Chris came home and I told him, he asked J for a kiss as well and got the open-mouth slobbery, lovable, can't-believe-it-happened one as well! We know that this is not necessarily, in J's mind, a sign of affection and may just be something else that he has learned makes those big people in his life really silly and happy. But we don't mind. Mind you, we can't wait for the time that he is giving us kisses spontaneously. We know this might be a while and, in the meantime, are content with the prompted ones. Wa-hoo!!!!!!

loving the chocolate pudding!
tried going in the potty since he's like clockwork, but he didn't like it. but not 2 minutes afterwards, he was going while he sat ON the potty...close is good, right??
just so ya'll know that he isn't always in a good mood!! I usually try (unsuccessfully) not to laugh at this face...what a faker. It's usually pulled out when he doesn't get something he wants.
can you see the pathetic single tear running down his face??
little stud man!!
I didn't think he'd do well with dipping the french fry, but he proved me wrong.
7 comments:
oh so sweet! i'm glad you got those kisses! =)
how did your 1st day back go?
nothing like a sweet, globbery, open-mouthed kiss from your child!
Love it! Enjoy those little milestones that are so big! :)
Jessie
The first kiss is the best. :) J is so cute -- even with his sad face!
the fake sad face is TOO cute!!!
The kisses sound wonderful! What a terrific milestone! And the other pictures are wonderful (love going potty in the diaper on the toilet shot!).
WAHOOO... kisses rock!
Love all the pictures.
Post a Comment