Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Friday, August 27, 2010

3-month Family Day anniversary!!

So, yes, I've been a slacker for not posting anything for three weeks.  But I also have an excuse...actually, three excuses: week one, a sick baby.  The kind of cold where he woke up every hour or so coughing and we had to go in to his room to get him back to sleep; eventually, one of us would wind up sleeping the rest of the night on the floor in his room.  Does NOT make for good sleep for anyone.  Also, YOU try breathing through your mouth and keeping your binky in at the same time; a binky, I might add, that has to be in your mouth if you start waking up or else you cry and wake yourself up completely.  Week two: camping trip to our land with J for the first time.  It rained over half of the time we were there and every. single. night.  Good news from that: we found out that once J is asleep, not even a HUGE clap of thunder will wake the kid up (the same noise that woke up my husband who is a very heavy sleeper!).  And week three: well, I really don't have an excuse other than the fact I'm counting down the days to going back to work (sob!) and that J started with another cold a few days ago.  And so begins the sleepless nights again; great timing!

J also got to meet his cousins on Chris' side of the family at the beginning of the month and we got a great picture of the three boys together.  I just love this picture; he looks so comfortable with them!



Today is a good day to post since it has been three months since J was handed to us and we became a forever family!!!!!  I look back at the pictures and remember those days/moments in Korea and it feels like it has been forever since we were there, but it also feels like the time has flown.  I still remember our meetings with J so clearly, like it was yesterday.  I've been looking through pictures of when we first brought him home and in some, I can now see how scared he was, even though he never showed it through tantrums or tears.  So much different from the little boy occupying our house now; one that whines, cries, screams, and grunts when he wants something or doesn't get his way (for his own good, of course! ex: no, son, you can't eat the dog food).  I think he is able to do this now because he trusts us enough to show us his true feelings.  He is still not really saying any words to communicate with us, so I am hoping that this comes quickly, but I also want time to slow down so we can enjoy every last second with our amazing boy.  At times, I still can't believe he's actually, finally, here and just how lucky we are to have him as our son.

Now I'll leave you with some pictures I've taken over the past three weeks.  Enjoy!

helping Daddy pump up some tires

too cute!

Soooo jealous of those lashes!!!

Out strolling during good weather while camping

getting outside at the campsite

having fun in the camper during the rain

stopped at Chris' family's house on the way home

J's hanbok, sent home with us by his foster mother;
he'll probably be wearing this for a few more years!!




More pictures and video coming soon.  Bye-bye.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, I can't believe it has been 3 months already! Sorry J has been sick, especially as you get ready to start work, I hope he's back to 100% soon.

Jessica J said...

Wow, 3 months already! Looks like you've been keeping busy. I just love the bucket picture. cute!

Min said...

Love the update post- thank you!! He seems like he ALMOST fits the Illinois hat. :)

Elizabeth Frick said...

Great photos! But sheesh, just reading about your Week One of no sleep makes ME tired!!!

Lisa said...

Oh, Rita, he's sooo adorable! He looks like he's really settled in and so happy. Thanks for the update.:) How's the sleep going?