Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Monday, June 22, 2009

Good News!!

Chris and I got our I-171H in the mail today!!!!!! What's that, you might ask? Well, it is a form from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) telling us that they have determined that we "are able to furnish proper care to an orphan or orphans...". Bottom line: we are now done with all the paperwork (until we receive our child's referral) and have been approved by everybody in order to adopt our child!!!!!!!!!!

Writing that, I am getting tears in my eyes. This entire process (trying to conceive, all the fertility treatments, the paperwork for the adoption process) has been so long and frustrating, heartbreaking; Chris and I have weathered many tears together, wildly hoping one minute, then getting devastating news the next. These are issues that many couples never have to deal with, thank God, but through it all, we have been there for one another. I love him so much for that! He has held me through my tears, my anger, my frustration. He has held me through our discussions of what our next step will be. He has held me when there wasn't anything else left to say. He is my rock; my husband; the father of my children. Next Father's Day, we hope to be celebrating at home with our child. Chris will be a wonderful father and I cannot wait to experience that with him. As we celebrate our anniversary this week, we are going to dream of the life-changing circumstances that are soon to come our way, and pray and hope that it gets here quickly!!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there, and especially to you, my darling husband!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww! reading this post gave me chills! you guys are going to be the best parents ever!

i am having a celebratory margarita in your honor :)!

JoJo said...

so sweet...congrats on being done with the paperwork..it does feel good.
I can't wait to see your referral post!