Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wedding Weekend


This past weekend, my older sister got married to the man of her dreams!!! We had a great time getting ready for it and spending time with the extended family as well as meeting my new brother-in-law's family. He is one of 7 kids and is a twin as well!!! The wedding was beautiful; they did such a good job with all their preparations and it was all perfect. (If anything did go wrong, you couldn't tell at all. Kudos to you, Brenda and Nathan!) It did pour down rain before the wedding while we were getting dressed at the church, but it let up a little for us girls to run outside in order to get to the back of the church (no, there was no way to stay inside and do that unless we walked directly through everyone there!). It was thundering during the wedding ceremony, but by the time it was over, there was only a little mist and she was able to get the outside pictures that she wanted. The wedding was lovely, the bride was gorgeous, the groom was handsome...and I now have another brother!!!!!
(Most of my pictures from the wedding itself did not turn out great because they were way too dark...guess that means it's time for a new camera! And I was too busy dancing and partying to take many during the reception. I'll have to wait until I get some from family before I can put a good picture of the bride and groom up here.)

My younger sister's son, Caleb, was such a ham the whole long weekend. He just loves the attention and boy, does he ever get it!! He's adorable to begin with, but when he smiles and says "Peeease!" there is just no saying "no" to the kid. And does he like to eat. I think he ended up with three cupcakes at the reception (cupcakes instead of traditional cake, looked really neat, tasted awesome) and two chocolate-covered spoons! He definitely ran off all the sugar, though, while his dad was chasing him around. The cupcake table was low enough and they were close enough to the edge that he made off with that third cupcake before anyone could stop him. I think he was just getting them for the frosting, though...



And then his Uncle Chris and dad thought they could imitate him...what cuties!



During some pre-wedding shopping, I saw this cute Cleveland Browns football jersey that I just had to buy for our child. I grew up in Ohio and am a Cleveland Indians/Browns fan and you just cannot find that apparel living in U of I country!






Finally, some other pictures from the weekend...





Caleb and Jimmy at the rehearsal dinner having some fun together.










Like I said, the boy likes to eat!!!












Becky and me after the wedding ceremony... Brenda picked very pretty colors (pewter and pale pink) and we all looked great!













Becky and Jimmy at the rehearsal dinner.













Me and Chris at the rehearsal dinner.






This is Caleb at a family get-together this summer, smashing his nose up against the screen door. He would do this, pull away, laugh hysterically, and do it again. What a little goof!!

No comments: