Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Beginning of a Backlog of Blogging...


Why I think I'll have more time to blog during certain times of the year, I have no. clue.

I always seem to stay caught up for a while and then...BOOM, it's been almost two months since my last blog post!  And it's never because there's been nothing going on worth posting about.  So I will continue to slowly work my way through our summer activities.

Back to the 4th...July 4th, that is!

We again made what's getting to be our annual "north for the fourth" camping trip.  The special thing about this time was the company we had while we were there; two of the days, two different friends from home were randomly up north as well and came to visit us at our land since they'd never been there before.  It was nice to show them around and walk the trails that we had just had plowed through our acreage.  That was the first time we'd been on the trails too, and they have just opened up our property and made it seem sooo much bigger since we can now get around it more easily.

(the shortest video I took documenting the trails. for those of you who haven't seen them yet.)

We spent some time visiting with our neighbors up there whom we have gotten to know over the last year.  Tim and Billie Jo are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and we're so thankful for their friendship and generosity.  They've lent us/Chris what I call their "big-boy toys" in order to help us make our camp into what it is today.

our big boy

sitting on Tim's ATV

the picture Boo took of the neighbor's driveway/front "yard" area

Then we had our other northern friends over for one night.  We rented a pontoon with them again and spent the next day cruising the lakes in northern WI.  It turned out to be a gorgeous day with some wonderful company!



Boo was just itching to get into the water and he actually jumped off the front of the pontoon boat to me once!  Daddy and I were so proud of him because that was quite a jump for our tiny guy.

He didn't want to get out once he was in the water!

cruising through a pass between lakes

Fresh air + swimming + a ton of fun = naptime!!

A couple of random pictures from July:
great picture of Boo with Grandma and Grandpa!

visiting family the end of July...just so you can see how restless of a sleeper this kid can be: cross-wise on the bed, on top of the covers, and I'm surprised he hasn't taken his pj's off!  I'm sure Lexi is only tolerating being laid on because she isn't allowed to get up on the furniture at home and doesn't want to be kicked off the bed here!!

Whew!  Done with July.  Now to download pictures/video from August and September and start working my way through those...

No comments: