Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Friday, March 15, 2013

How Time Flies!

Wow, I can't believe it's really been over two months since I've last posted on here!  I've been meaning to, but it's one of those things where it's gets harder and harder to sit down and do it the longer it's been.  We've had a lot happen in these past two months and I keep thinking that the longer it takes me to get back into blogging, the more stuff is going to pile up to put on here.  So I'll just start:

Chris and I took a trip to the British Virgin Islands with some friends in January and Grandma came to stay with Boo while we were gone.  We had a great time in a warm climate with sun, sand, friends, and just a tiny bit of booze.  Very relaxing, for the most part...although next time I've been promised that there will be a bigger boat involved!  (I still have to sort through pictures, so that will probably be a future post.  If you have my email and want to see the ones I have on Shutterfly, shoot me an email and I'll send you the link.)

At the same time, Chris' grandpa's health starting going downhill and, added to that, he got the flu.  :(  But since then, he's bounced back (as well as a 91-year-old can, anyway!), although they've since had to move him to a nursing home because he needs more help than can be provided at home these days.  We're thankful that he's now eating again and putting on some weight!  We got a chance to visit him when we got back from our BVI trip, which was still early in the whole process.



Oh, yeah, on that trip we brought home a stuffed giraffe, which I kind of talked Chris into taking!  Giraffes have a special meaning for me in connection with Boo, so how could we say no to Grandma??  It now stands watch over Boo in his room when he's sleeping.


How could he say no when looking at that face anyway?!

{How did you talk me into this??}
Love you, Honey!!!

After this trip, Chris' dad was also in the hospital for about a week after falling, breaking some ribs, and puncturing a lung.  He's also doing well now and we actually got to see both Chris' parents this past weekend when they came to visit with an early Easter basket for Boo.

Everyone else, listen up...ya'll stay healthy now, ya hear??

We celebrated Daddy's birthday in February by baking and decorating a cake for him.  Boo picked out the cake and icing: chocolate with red (cherry) icing.  It was very yummy!!  And of course, he helped Daddy blow out the candles.



I signed Boo up for a martial arts/tae kwan do introductory session and he seemed to take to it pretty well, although we were in a small office-sized space with the door closed and he was the only one there.  I'm not really sure how well he would do paying attention and following directions if he was in a class setting with all the distractions that brings with it.  After the session, the instructor told me that Boo is a kinesthetic learner first, then visual, and finally auditory.  Soooo, guess who's going to be in the front row of class???  My boy!  She was very impressed by how well he picked it up and said he is very flexible (which we already knew since he can still fold himself in half like when he was younger and can do a pretty decent split without even trying hard!).  Here he is doing a kick:


...and breaking a board:



We went to a model train show in a small town north of us and Boo absolutely loved it.  He was walking around on his tip-toes at times in order to see all the train cars on the tables that were for sale.  There were a couple of elaborate model trains set up and he was enthralled with watching them go around and around the tracks.  There was even a larger Thomas the Train model with Percy, Thomas, and James chugging along at different times.  I think I remember having to bribe him to get him out of there for lunch!


Future engineer?

Saying hi to Percy.

We also have blinds at our kitchen window now...yeah!!  And the backsplash tile finally came in and I picked it up this week.  Now to find time to get it up and then the kitchen will be complete.
Thank. God.
It will be nice to have that huge project done!

We've done a few other things recently, but the pictures are still on the camera, so I'll post about them later.  I promise it won't be another two months before I get back here, okay??

No comments: