Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Monday, October 08, 2012

Kitchen Demolition



Since we have no plans to move out of our house anytime soon, we decided that it was time to finally get it updated...down to the studs!  So last week, I packed up all the kitchen cupboards and drawers and on Saturday, Chris and I tore out everything in the kitchen, with the exception of the stove and refrigerator.  There is no turning back now.

And I am so freakin' excited!

And nervous.

I just hope everything gets done without too many issues cropping up.

If it does, we should have our kitchen back to (almost) normal by Wednesday afternoon.  Yippee!

We'll still have to wait a couple of weeks for the countertops to be measured, cut, and installed (along with the sink), but at this point, that's minor.  At least on Wednesday, the major part of the kitchen will be back in place and we'll be mostly back to normal other than having to wash the dishes in the bathroom sink.  The payoff's gonna be worth it, though!!!  Now for some pictures to show you the "before" and the demolition:












someone's saying "hi!"
This is the point where Chris and I finished and most of the rest will be the contractor's work.



The last two pictures show where the contractors have removed the soffetts from around the kitchen area.  Very messy!  Can't wait 'til it's done.  I'll post "after" pictures later this week!!!

1 comment:

Scubagal said...

Looking great already!!!