Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Building Back Up


This is what the kitchen looked like on Tuesday evening...



Honestly, I've been a little, okay a lot, stressed about how this is all going to come together.  Because this renovation hasn't gone smoothly.  I didn't really think it would, but I also didn't think we would pretty much have to have the entire kitchen rewired, which is what ended up happening.  Ugh.  But, that's all behind us now (um, other than the bill...double ugh).

By Wednesday evening, the drywall was up, holes patched, and I couldn't see through my wall to the dining room anymore.  Yeah!!  We were still unable to use the stove, so we ate out once again.  We've been mixing it up a bit: Chinese, P@nera's, and a place with good wraps/pizza.  All very good, but we'll be glad when we're able to use our kitchen again.





This morning, the first of the new cabinets went in.  I love love love them!!!! 



woot, woot!  floor-to-ceiling pantry!!
(and that's the old dishwasher; it's not staying.  the guys put it there to look at spacing.  the new one will be black to match our other appliances)


Cabinets are in!!

They'll be back tomorrow to do finishing touches and the crown molding.  The electrician should be coming as well to finish up his stuff, including an outlet at the work island, which was on my must-have list when we started thinking about this project.  And a different guy will come to measure for the countertops that should be here in two weeks.

It's coming together.  Phew!


2 comments:

Scubagal said...

Loving it!!! You'll never want to leave once its all done...so being a sleeping bag.

Jamie said...

Love the cabinets! And I must admit, I am incredibly jealous of your pantry! It is looking great!!