Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Random photos

Loved playing with B'loonies.
He was in awe that you could actually hold them and they didn't pop!


Our friends came home from Washington DC to visit and we were fortunate enough to have a playdate almost all day long for one of the days.  When they moved, the boys were the same height, but you can see here that their J shot up in the 9 months they've been gone!!

Playing soccer outside with Mommy.
Looks like a big boy in this pose!

Trying on Mommy's earphones.

The parking lot in our front yard.  I think he was fixing the bell on his train in this picture.

Funny story: I had just finished up washing one of the dogs and chased her down to dry her off.  When I looked up, I saw Boo out in the grass holding the nozzle on the hose and in slow motion turning it around to point at himself.  I had just started saying, "Don't squeeze it!", but before I could get more than the word "don't" out, he had done it.  Totally squirted himself in the face/side of the head with a cold stream of water!   It took him a few seconds to realize that he did. not. like that and then promptly broke out in screaming/sobs with his head thrown back while holding his arms out to me.  Of course, I went over to him and he burrowed in my arms.  Meanwhile, another Mommy of the Year moment, I am laughing so hard while he's crying hysterically, the neighbors probably didn't know what to think!  I felt awful laughing at him, but could not stop myself, his expression had been priceless!  I finally took him inside and showed him what he looked like in the mirror, but I think what stopped the tears and brought on the giggles was the huge wet spot that he had made on my shirt!!  So one of two things could come from this: he's either going to be more cautious about holding the hose, or he's going to start aiming it at something (or someone) else!

We had dinner at a friend's house and met the son of a friend of theirs a few weeks ago who was also adopted from Korea, I think just a few months before we got Boo.  Boo and their son, E, had a great time playing together and pretty much chasing each other around the yard and in the house.  The other two couples are #1 and #2 on the waiting list for a referral, which we are hoping will come any day...the sooner, the better.


The boys were loving to chase each other around in circles in the house.  We had to hold the dog back because he wanted to get in on it too!!  You can hear him in the background, very excited to watch the kid's play.

Just love how E stopped and seemed to bow at the camera.  Hilarious and oh, so cute!

No comments: