Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Thursday, August 03, 2006












We've done a lot the last few days. Took a field trip with Chris' conference up to Lamington National Park, where we saw these waterfalls and some gorgeous birds...and Chris fed a couple.
I took surfing lessons earlier in the week and actually stayed up a few times; it is sooo much harder than it looks and I'm still sore. The upper body strength you need for that is tremendous. I also took a day trip with another wife from the conference and we got to pet/feed kangaroos, hold koalas, see how chocolate and honey were made, and taste some native Australian fruit as well as some great wine!!

We're headed up to Cairns tomorrow morning (Saturday) and will be there until Friday. We're staying in a smaller town north of there called Clifton Beach; a little less touristy. It'll be a bit warmer there than it is here now. Hope to find a place to keep you all updated while we're there. Feel free to share this website with others!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all looks so pretty!! Sounds like you've kept busy while Chris was at the conference...now the FUN starts! The pics are great--I hope you find a place in Cairns to send from.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I so hope you are able to send more pictures! Wish I was there with you, it looks like tons of fun.
Cheers, Ang

juliemc said...

Bet you're missing Champaign about now...not! Looks too cool for words.
j.

Anonymous said...

When I saw there were new pictures I told mom it was time to take a trip and she wanted to know where? Was the koala like you exptected it to be? I think I remember that from many years ago? Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

I bet you're missing your dog right now. In fact I can tell she is missing both of you in fact she just told me, "Please come and pick me up as soon as your plane gets in, these people are driving me crazy and I'm running out of other dogs to play with. The fat dog I'm staying with just sleeps all day, I must have worn him out." Jinx also says, "I eat everyones food but the bathroom accomodations could be improved a little bit, I give it 3 out of 4 stars."

Dog resort owner's reply, "When are you picking her up, Otis is on life support and the mail lady will not drop off anymore mail until Jinx is gone the barking scares her. She has managed to put on 20 pounds by eating everyones food, there is no stopping her, she's like a bull in a China shop."

I hope the trip went well and your flights are smooth, Chris make sure to leave your hair growth cream in Australia because you can't take it on the plane.