Knock, knock.
Hello-o-o??
Anyone there?
Yep, I'm back!
So sorry to not have posted anything in 2 1/2 months. I have been getting used to a new job, working at the same place, and am now a Monday-to-Friday-er with a (very) flexible 8-5 schedule for the first time in over 10 years. Which means J is also going to daycare five days a week. (I think he's transitioned better than I have, but that's not surprising, as he's always been pretty laid back and goes with the flow.) At work, my to-do list is perpetual, which is new for me as well; I'm used to finishing all my charting on patients and then going home with everything completed. It's been hard for me to leave things unfinished each afternoon, but I'm learning.
And speaking of learning, we have a graduate on our hands!! J graduated from pre-K last week and his school had a ceremony for all the kids with diploma, awards, and cake included. I swear Chris had tears in his eyes when they started playing "Pomp and Circumstance" for the children to walk in to (although he keeps denying it!). Mom of the Year moment: remembered the camera (yay!)...forgot to charge the battery (boo!). Argh! So I got a total of 5 pictures before it completely died on me and most of those were blurry. J's award was that they think he's going to be a Future Airplane Mechanic or Pilot. And if you've been around him for any length of time in the last oh, 7-8 months, you know that they are dead-on with that guess! Here's the best picture of the bunch:
It was a tad bit cold at the beginning of May when we were there, so we were all bundled up.
We also went camping a couple of weekends ago to put our new camper on our land. It will stay there permanently and it's going to be so nice to just drive up there, unlock the door, and push a button to slide out both the awning and the one slide-out we have! We definitely have room for visitors, so if anyone wants to set up a time, let me know. :) I made a video tour of the camper, but it's way too long to upload to here...and I didn't even take a lone picture of the camper. Sorry! I'll get one next time.
It was a tad bit cold at the beginning of May when we were there, so we were all bundled up.
picking up kindling for the fire
this is B's idea of "kindling"!!
don't know how many more years he'll be able to do these splits
Daddy and J walking back to the campsite; they've both been waiting years to do this together!!
Chilling by the fire
Our last morning there, this is what we woke up to! But it had all melted by 8:30.
putting together a model airplane
LOVE!
My boy
Took him forever to get to sleep in the hotel on the way home and this is how he ended up when he finally gave it up to Mr. Sandman! He looks so long in this picture!
I'll try to be better about posting. I've got tons of pictures to put up from the last couple of months!













No comments:
Post a Comment