Yeah, not mine. (although some days I wish I could retire and not have to work anymore!)
We started off the year by attending my dad's surprise retirement party...and then made it back home before a huge blizzard hit that shut down pretty much everything in town, except, of course, for the hospital where I just happen to work.
Grandpa was very surprised when he walked in the room, but when he saw Boo and me there as well, I'm pretty sure I saw tears in his eyes...a double-whammy of a surprise! My younger sister was going to try to make it with her kids, but they live about 6 hours away (much farther than our 2 1/2) and between the storm that had just come through and the one that was predicted to come over the next few days, she made the safest decision to stay home. We missed her, but so glad she and her kids were safe at home!
My dad loves. lives. breathes. is. Notre Dame!
For those ND fans, you'll recognize the play on the sign above.
That cake was almost bigger than Boo. He could not wait for Grandpa to get there so we could finally cut it and eat!!
Grandma and Grandpa; such a beautiful couple!
I love this picture.
Boo and I stayed overnight at Grandma and Grandpa's that night. Look who was having fun with oranges...cheese!!
Putting a puzzle together that I did when I was a little girl.
Snuggle time with Grandma. Shhhh, I think he fell asleep!
Happy Retirement, Dad! Here's to starting the next chapter of your life!!










No comments:
Post a Comment