The weekend before Christmas was spent at my parent's with both my sister and their families. There was no snow (until after we left, thankfully, which made the driving easier!) and it was actually warm enough to go play at a local state park one afternoon, which the kids loved! (Warning: This post is picture heavy, but don't miss the big news about our boy at the bottom if you don't want to look at all the cute pictures in between.)
Boo is looking so much older!
my little sister, her husband, and their youngest, W, who was born in November
Becky and her oldest, C
Grandpa and Becky's middle boy, E
my older sister and her oldest, J
Grandma and my one-and-only!
Grandma, J, and W
Daddy was going to take Boo to the state park on Saturday afternoon when everyone else had fallen asleep because we couldn't get him to fall asleep...I guess all that was needed was about 30 seconds in the car (no lie, it was that quick!), some sunglasses and the stocking cap pulled low. He was out for an hour and a half after that!!
I absolutely love this picture of me and my sister's oldest boys. I am so happy that Boo has such wonderful cousins on both sides of the family!!
me and my godson snuggling
holding Daddy down on the floor and then pretending to go to sleep. I don't think anyone's buying it, bud.
the kid's table...looks like fun!
Playing at the state park, throwing walnuts into the lake. Who needs presents?!?! These boys could have spent the whole day doing this alone.
Grandpa and W
boys being boys!
Z learning some yoga poses
What would getting together with my family be without Chris getting down on the floor to play with the boys?? I love my hubby and the joy he finds letting the kids climb all over him!!
Grandpa and Z
Brenda and her youngest, Z
Kissing cousins...so sweet!
The best shot I got of the six boys.
We all left on Christmas Eve so that we could be at our respective homes for Christmas morning.
Awesome reaction to his new bike!
Had to take it out for a spin in the afternoon. He's doing really well pedaling already!!
Oh, another H.U.G.E piece of news is that it looks like the potty training idea is finally clicking in Boo's head!! Yippee!!!!!! We started him in pull-ups again before traveling to my parents and he had no melt-downs there when we told him it was time to go potty. I think part of this is because of his cousins, two of whom are potty-training now as well. He got training underwear in his stocking from Grandma and Grandpa and has been wearing those here at home the past couple of days. And guess what, people?? He's been dry during the day for almost two weeks and telling us when he needs to go! AND he told his teachers at school that he needed to go potty, which is a first! They are so excited for him and his accomplishment; I love how much those women care about him and will be a little sad when he has to switch classrooms next year. (Guess I should get used to that, though, huh?) It looks like the potty training is really happening this time, and we couldn't be prouder and more excited of our little big boy.
What a way to ring in the new year! Celebrate!!























No comments:
Post a Comment