Because Boo loves M&M's and was fine with it, he got to wear the same Halloween costume from last year. Although he kept telling people that he was going to be a yellow M&M.
Yeah, NOT.
Mommy did not have the time to make another M&M costume this year! (wonder if I could have just dyed the blue one? hmmmm...)
Anyways, he was thrilled to put on his costume and we had three Halloween activities to do that day, so I was hoping he would hold up and not have a meltdown.
I shouldn't have worried.
This boy is awesome!!
We started out at the YMCA, where they had all the kids come dressed in their costumes and then paraded them around the building to show off to everyone. Boo loved seeing "upstairs" where Mommy works out; the kid kind of sounded surprised afterwards when talking to me that I was actually on a machine "doing this" (picture him moving his arms back and forth while marching [I was on the elliptical]).
Later that afternoon, we got dressed up again to go into his daycare building where they had a parade outside for all the parents/families. Then we went back in and had a Halloween party with snacks and games. I enjoyed finally meeting a few other parents and putting faces with names for the kids that Boo talks about.
Our final thing was, of course, trick or treating that evening. He had a blast and did much better than last year, even walking up the sidewalk to some houses all by himself.
at our neighbor's house, who had a special treat for Boo
Need we say more?!?!
He still hasn't quite gotten the hand of the "trick or treat" saying; he would say it as he was knocking at the door, than when someone opened the door, he'd try to pick out his own candy instead of holding his bucket up for the candy to be placed in. And he wouldn't talk again unless prompted by one of us to say more. Oh well, he's got plenty of time to learn.
"going through the loot" video



No comments:
Post a Comment