Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother's Day weekend

We spent Mother's Day weekend camping on our land again this year...seems to be a trend that we have had for the last few years.  The weekend before Mother's Day in 2010, Chris and I were up at our site where we planted a bunch of white pine trees to watch grow over the years, along with our son.  We planted one in a specific spot for Boo, but decided this year that they were all going to be his trees, not just the one!  Anyway, that was a bittersweet Mother's Day because we had thought for sure that he would be home with us at the beginning of that year, but still had yet to receive any news on when he would be coming home!  (That all changed 10 days later with our Travel Call, but we didn't know it at the time.)

Last year was my first Mother's Day celebrating with our little guy and it was soo worth the wait! (scroll to the bottom of that post for the mom's day stuff)

This year was amazing once again.  I had my two guys with me, it was extremely gorgeous weather the whole time we were there, and I got myself to run two out of the three days!  It still got pretty cold at night, but the days were warm enough to be out in short sleeves and light-weight pants.  Amazing for this time of year in the UP.

After one of my runs.  And yes, I probably had him a little overdressed, but it was still a bit cool out and I didn't want him getting sick.

"Put your head in my shoulder, Mommy."

HE got tired of walking. This was my weight training for the day!

Boo up-ended all these logs and was pretending to be on a bus going to school.  Kept him occupied for longer than we thought it would.  I hope this enthusiasm continues once he is actually going to school!

One of my Mother's Day gifts.  I got to pick out the charms:
dolphin (I collect them), a little bling, wine glass, my birthstone, Mom heart, Chris' birthstone, Boo's birthstone in the box, RN charm.
I love it and can't wait to find more charms!!

random photo after we got home. He stated:
"My arms found the pockets!" and proceeded to walk around the driveway like that.
I just had to laugh.

Guess I should start checking his pockets before I do laundry now!


No comments: