Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Zoo and new friends

A friend and I have been putting together a playgroup for families in our extended area who have adopted children from Korea.  Last weekend, we got 5 families together at a small zoo for a morning of (hot!) fun.  Two of the families I had not met before in person, although I "knew" one of them through her blog.  It was great to finally meet them and their families face-to-face!  All the kids had a great time at the zoo and afterwards, we played in a waterpark just outside the zoo.  Everyone was pretty wiped out by early afternoon and left with the promise of getting together again sometime in the near future.  Here are some pictures from this great day:

Sorry, Grandma K., but he really liked petting the snake!!



And Daddy loves that he loved it!!  That's my biologist hubby.  :) 



I thought he was going to try to give the goat a hug like he does with Lexi!


This was THE fastest merry-go-round I've ever been on!
I need to remember that I am no good with going around in circles, fast or slow.  Ugh, nauseating.
Chris gets to take Boo on all those crazy circle rides from now on.


Our attempts to try to get a picture of all the kids.  We're missing three of them, but I think we/they did pretty well, considering!




2 comments:

Min said...

What a great trip!! It's awesome that you can plan get togethers with so many adorable friends!

IP Journey said...

You got some great photos! I love how Jason loves the snake! =)