Coronado Beach, CA

Coronado Beach, CA

Monday, January 03, 2011

Holiday Fun

I can't believe the holidays are over already and the new year is here.  Thanksgiving with Chris' side of the family at his brother's and then Christmas with my side...at our house!!  Thankfully, they all made it into town before the bad weather hit.  And wow, was it ever a white Christmas here!  We are glad that everyone was under one roof and safe and that we could all be together for the holiday.  And talk about a full house, but it was so much fun.  J and our nephew, C, had a good time playing together and we got to watch the babies crawl around and pull themselves up on the furniture.  I think there were even a few v-e-r-y tentative steps from one of them, you know, until he fell because he couldn't believe he was standing on his own!!
One of the recordable storybooks that J's godparents sent him.  Similar to the one we sent over in one of our first care packages for him.  Whenever he hears their voices reading the story (especially his Uncle Pat's), he gets a big grin on his face!

J is learning to give hugs and is so adorable doing it.  Here he's giving his cousin J a hug...from that facial expression, looks like my J may be squeezing just a little too tight!!

...although that same expression was seen quite often, even without getting a hug!  I think he is starting to be aware of his tongue.  Either that, or his parents are teaching him to mug at the camera!  hehe

Older cousin, C, had a good time getting to know J a bit better.

His little brother, E, was a jolly little elf during the day!

Christmas morning

The four cousins; this was the best picture I could get and it turned out pretty well!!

Relaxing with daddy.

One of my Christmas presents from my awesome hubby!  Exactly what I asked for (gotta love those Ama*zon Wish Lists!!) and it's been great for my music-loving child.  Now I don't have to go turn the big stereo on; can just punch the button and we've got tunes!!  Plus, we can play his Korean music CD that his foster mother gave to him.  So wish I could find some more of them...any suggestions?

My Christmas present from J, with a little bit of help from Daddy.

This was a great gift; I almost started crying when I opened it!  It's so unique and incorporates what our family now represents.  Can you see the outline of South Korea within the US and the Korean flag in it as well?  Perfect.

The weekend before Christmas we had a friend in town from PA with his family.  He was the Best Man at our wedding.  J took to him pretty well.  Maybe because he has a cute little 2-year-old princess that J got to play with all afternoon?  Hmmmmm...

J's first sucker.  We had gone to apply for his SS# and the man who finally helped us asked if J could have a sucker since he'd been such a good boy (we waited for about 45 minutes and he played quietly the whole time.  I'm so proud of him!).  Once we got home, I told him he had to stay sitting on the couch and he did; does this child know how to relax or what?!  With the belly hanging out and everything!  

Playdate with our friend, J.  The table and chairs were actually passed on to us from this family.  We really love the set...thanks!!



It has been a great holiday season to top off an incredible, life-changing year!!!  Hope everyone had a safe and blessed holiday.  We couldn't have asked for anything more...uh, well, maybe for less sickness in the house...you know who you are, people!!  Glad you're feeling better.

3 comments:

Pix said...

Holy smokes, that boy is a-growin! He's getting cuter by the minute and looks like he had a great Christmas. The photo of the 4 cousins is sweet too!

Elizabeth Frick said...

What a holiday! Looks like fun :)
The ornament is so perfect. I'm sure it will be treasured for a very long time :)

IP Journey said...

Fun photos! I didn't see this post earlier! I love Joel's eyes in the photo...don't know what he is looking at?